Cheap plants, less nitrate! POTHOS

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
I didn't know this method was so common. I was doing the same thing using cuttings of whatever Ivy my wife was growing outside. I rooted them in an extra-coarse sponge and used that as a bio-sponge in the tank top.

I discovered that the root-filled sponge was a pain, and also that cuttings from Creeping Charlie grew much faster than the Ivy.

Jamie'$ tank$

Feeder Fish
Jan 8, 2019
These are the kind i have... Let me know if anyone can identify View attachment 834313View attachment 834314

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
The plant with the purple looks to be a wondering jew. It you root it in water and suspend the roots in the tank it will do ok. But if the greens sit in the water too long it will rot. The other is a philadendron. Same thing, it will need a basket of sorts to keep the greens out of the water.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

BichirKing

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2018
PNW
this is my addition of pothos. the first and easiest,

adding it to my hob

this is the one I made last night for my axolotl tank

Reactions: Ulu

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
I'm going to do this on a 55 with 2 of the black plastic flower box liners, as B BichirKing has shown above, but with the boxes completely out of the tank. I may feed them with an accessory pump, and build a wooden hood above the tank to conceal this.

Just sort of a glorified flowerbox with lamps.

Reactions: BichirKing

BichirKing

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2018
PNW
I'm going to do this on a 55 with 2 of the black plastic flower box liners, as B BichirKing has shown above, but with the boxes completely out of the tank
I did that with a bakki shower style filter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store