Check out my Baby SRD

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
So I was supposed to be shopping for a few Flowerhorn for my friends lfs and I came across this little guy. Well, as fate would have it, my friend wasn't answering his phone and I decided this male was too nice to just walk away from, so I got him for myself. He is only 2.5 inches and already showing awesome potential. I really like the markings that look like Mandarin writing on his kok. Let me know what you think, all thoughts are welcome. IMG_0067.jpg IMG_1315.jpg

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
Worth every penny. People will often ask about the price and grade of a fish before they buy it. Heres my take on that: I look at the kok, shape, fins, and color as the first criteria when buying a flowerhorn. If any of these attributes are not strong looking I am not buying the fish. The next thing I look for is how the fish reacts to my presence and if he or she will eat from my hand. If he/she is scared or swims away from me repeatedly, or isnt eagerly ripping the food from my fingers, I will not buy the flowerhorn. I am one of many who is also on a budget and can not just spend any amount on a fish.
People will often ask "Is this fish worth this price?" Thats a very subjective question. One fish might be perfect for one person and not for another. One person would be totally ok with spending $200.00 on a fish and another person would never spend that on the same fish. My one buddy only buys Kamfas and King Kamfas and I have watched him spend $550.00 plus shipping on one KK. I would NEVER spend even half that on a fish, but if you ask him if its worth it? He will tell you it is, because he loves the features of the fish, its much more one of a kind. He loves pearls and huge kok on his fish and is ok paying high price tags to get exactly what he wants in his flowerhorn. And trust me his fish have pearls that look almost holographic with teal and blue color morphs, they are so beautiful. If you love the fish and you can afford it then whats stopping you? This little SRD has only been with me for a week and I cant get enough of looking at him, training him, and grooming him.

Reactions: SBM

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
Coming up on one month since I got this little guy. He is almost 3.0 inches now and his kok is blowing up like a balloon. I get such enjoyment out of grooming Flowerhorn. This little guy has jumped his divider twice and loves breaching the surface to try and rip food from my hand.

Flowerhorn89

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
INDIA
Man! He’s at that stage where he’s gonna go full monster very soon. His pointed mouth tells you he’s really young yet his golf ball like kok speaks of a much older fh, and not a dull spot on the kok it’s fully red, that’s rare. You got a potential SRD MP mate. Love him, will follow your thread intently :clap

SBM

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Worth every penny. People will often ask about the price and grade of a fish before they buy it. Heres my take on that: I look at the kok, shape, fins, and color as the first criteria when buying a flowerhorn. If any of these attributes are not strong looking I am not buying the fish. The next thing I look for is how the fish reacts to my presence and if he or she will eat from my hand. If he/she is scared or swims away from me repeatedly, or isnt eagerly ripping the food from my fingers, I will not buy the flowerhorn. I am one of many who is also on a budget and can not just spend any amount on a fish.
People will often ask "Is this fish worth this price?" Thats a very subjective question. One fish might be perfect for one person and not for another. One person would be totally ok with spending $200.00 on a fish and another person would never spend that on the same fish. My one buddy only buys Kamfas and King Kamfas and I have watched him spend $550.00 plus shipping on one KK. I would NEVER spend even half that on a fish, but if you ask him if its worth it? He will tell you it is, because he loves the features of the fish, its much more one of a kind. He loves pearls and huge kok on his fish and is ok paying high price tags to get exactly what he wants in his flowerhorn. And trust me his fish have pearls that look almost holographic with teal and blue color morphs, they are so beautiful. If you love the fish and you can afford it then whats stopping you? This little SRD has only been with me for a week and I cant get enough of looking at him, training him, and grooming him.
Couldn't say any better. Nice catch plus white eye awesome SRD bro.

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
Thanks Flowerhorn 89 and SBM. He is growing well. Developing his kok very well too. SRD's are supposed to have a kok that is covered in red and the red should extend past the gill plates and on to the face. My little guy has those features. One of the reasons I had to buy him for myself when I was trying to shop for my friends shop....lol. As for the white eye, that had caught my attention too. The part that really grabbed me about his eyes was that he had a faint green area in his eye, which I was hoping to develop into a blue when he settled into his new. Good news, his eyes are a beautiful blue. I love the aesthetic look of the blue; but for me I like that its more of a throw back to one of the original sub species used to create Flowerhorns, the Vieja Synspilum. I used to own this male vieja that was wild caught. I got him at 3 inches and he grew into a 11 inch monster. Big Head, Big personality, Big Boss of the tank. He didn't take sh** from anyone and yet at the same time he was a peace keeper and didnt let other fish fight. He reminds me of him with those eyes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store