Chicken liver for Jardini

Mr.Nooby

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2010
Minnesota
Well My Jardini is around 6 inch now. I figure that Liver contains massive amounts or protien/vitamen/minerals/ etc that can make a fish grow healthy and have a good color. what are your guys suggestions? here is a pic and a short video of the Jar.

BTW Is there such thing as a CrossBack Jardini? I know that there are Xback asians but not Jars.

[YT]r35VNPxhAvU[/YT]

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
nice jar...there is a big debate if terrestrial animals/parts are good for fish...i personaly have feed liver to my all my fish chicken and turkey...it is something that it could come across in the wild(though not everyday)...it is fine as a once in a while food, but not as the main corse...imo

Mr.Nooby

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2010
Minnesota
oh okay i see. i will try to see how it goes. i want to see if it will give my jar some more colors. last time i fed it with beef meat and it got darker with its color more bold vs pale yellow.

vaine111

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2009
Metro-Detroit
Liver has very low amounts of fat which fat content is the main reason why we don't feed land meat to fish.
I'd say you are good to feed it.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Mr.Nooby;3954116; said:
oh okay i see. i will try to see how it goes. i want to see if it will give my jar some more colors. last time i fed it with beef meat and it got darker with its color more bold vs pale yellow.
the subsrate has alot to do with color aswell...ex. i took my 6-8" jar had in with black sand, it was black...took it put it in my natural sand tank and it was gold with a green shine...put it back in the black sand, went back to black...to bring out the reds/oranges feed more caritne rich foods eg. shrimp with shell on, carrot feed insects, ect...also i have no real evidence exept my exp., but sun light exposure seems to bring out the reds in my silvers and my old jar...

Gshock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
Toronto
vaine111;3954128; said:
Liver has very low amounts of fat which fat content is the main reason why we don't feed land meat to fish.
I'd say you are good to feed it.
Not necessarily. Mammalian meat and fish have two completely different structure and properties of protein. A fish digestive system is not made to digest mammalian meat. Theres so many other things such as fish fillets and pellets which you can use.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Gshock;3954172; said:
Not necessarily. Mammalian meat and fish have two completely different structure and properties of protein. A fish digestive system is not made to digest mammalian meat. Theres so many other things such as fish fillets and pellets which you can use.
thats why i was stating in moderation it was fine and a good variation to the diet...most of the carnivor fish in the world when givin the chacne to eat a small mamal, or mamal parts do with out heaitation...they do eat it all the time, but it is there...

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
vaine111;3954197; said:
I thought everyone always stated it was fat content of the meat?
the fat is brought up more as a cause of DE(witch it isn't the cause), but that is a whole nother story...if we get into that this thread will be closed...though if it takes off it will be closed anyway as people get heated about this subject matter...

vaine111

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2009
Metro-Detroit
Fat deposits behind the eye's is what causes drop eye!!
It is a known fact...

Don't take that seriously cause I can care less:D.

edit... I wasn't refering to just arowana's but as fish in general.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store