chinese perch ?

Pyramid_Party

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2008
Monterey, CA
Rallysman pretty much covered it all. I would also like to add that they are stalking predators. Thats why they dont move around alot. Once they see food they stalk them then charge them.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Mine was VERY hard to get off live. In fact, I tried starving it and tricked it into accepting a piece of shrimp once. It wouldn't take anything other than live. It was the hardest fish I've every had experiencing into getting it off live. I never did get off live. I think due to me being subborn and the fish being subborn and the cold winter (since I heard it liked cooler temperatures, I didn't have a heater), it died from the cold and lack of food:(

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Bumping this oldass thread because my chuatsi has been having some issues and I've been searching for some advice or help.I kinda figured things out along the way so I thought I'd share....A few months back I noticed my chuatsi started shedding patches of skin which I initially attributed to dissolved solids build up in the water so I would do a large water change and after which the fish would be fine,it's skin would clear up within minutes....but then a few days later,less than a week's time the shedding was back and the fish looked to be near death.The growout tank was heated and shared with a small datnoid and there was no way the two of them was fouling up the water so badly so I decided to remove and acclimate the chuatsi to it's own unheated tank.
It has been about two weeks now since I've had it in a coldwater tank,temp is in the mid fifties and there has been no skin shedding or any other noticeable problems and no change to the fish's appetite.Interestingly I have had this fish for about a year and it had been in a heated tank since I received it.I was already aware that Chinese perch are a subtropical species but all accounts I've read from other keepers had them in warm water.I have kept them before and they were in warm tanks with no issues but this one has seemed to have developed an intolerance for warm water at some point.

Reactions: Fishman Dave
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store