Christmas prank!

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I haven't got a clue! I'm simply the tree guy, the decorations and what not are the wife's domain, lol.

I can just imagine her trying to decorate it, one bauble and that's it, done! Lol.
Could use large round beads and thin wire to make tiny ornaments lol

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Could use large round beads and thin wire to make tiny ornaments lol
That little tree, according to the label will max out at about 15 ft tall. So eventually, many years down the road, I may well decorate it with outside Christmas tree lights.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Great minds think alike!
241D3DDB-9378-4B3B-8041-662DA8EFC39C.jpeg
got a small blue spruce to grow on and tried the same thing. We ended up keeping it as a second tree. Poor little thing, baubles are bigger and heavier than it’s branches.
Have ended up with the 7 ft artificial tree in the living room as the last 2 real spruce have now outgrown the house and have had to be planted in her dads garden and this new blue is a little too small to put on show to passers by!

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Great minds think alike!
View attachment 1508056
got a small blue spruce to grow on and tried the same thing. We ended up keeping it as a second tree. Poor little thing, baubles are bigger and heavier than it’s branches.
Have ended up with the 7 ft artificial tree in the living room as the last 2 real spruce have now outgrown the house and have had to be planted in her dads garden and this new blue is a little too small to put on show to passers by!
Theoretically it's a great idea to buy a tree already in a pot, leave it in the garden all year, and then bring it in for a couple of weeks over Christmas, decorate it, and then chuck it back out to carry on growing. You'd save a load of money, Xmas tree prices are shocking!

But the shock in temperature change is likely to kill any live tree, especially in our house. Check out the temperature in our living room now. No tree is going to put up with that, phew!

IMG_20221203_210857_HDR.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Fishman Dave

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Ah, you see, typical Yorkshire family, we don’t have that trouble.
Don’t have a log burner and Katie is dead against putting the heating on. If we don’t have four layers on then it means we are already outside, cos I swear it’s warmer out there than in here and I take layers off to go out!
Both lads girlfriends complain how cold our house is, but when you run so many tanks you have to save money somewhere so I am coming round to Katie’s way of thinking if it means I can keep the tanks going.
Only problem is the two tanks in the house that cost as much to heat (from a 16 degree room to 28 degrees) than all those in my fish house (22 degrees room up to 24 degree tanks).

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Ah, you see, typical Yorkshire family, we don’t have that trouble.
Don’t have a log burner and Katie is dead against putting the heating on. If we don’t have four layers on then it means we are already outside, cos I swear it’s warmer out there than in here and I take layers off to go out!
Both lads girlfriends complain how cold our house is, but when you run so many tanks you have to save money somewhere so I am coming round to Katie’s way of thinking if it means I can keep the tanks going.
Only problem is the two tanks in the house that cost as much to heat (from a 16 degree room to 28 degrees) than all those in my fish house (22 degrees room up to 24 degree tanks).
Sounds like a great plan to get rid of the kids! Just hope that you and your missus don't get pneumonia in the process, lol.

I can't do with cold houses. They remind me too much of the old farmhouse where I grew up as a child. No central heating, just a small open fire in the living room to heat the whole house, and it was a big old house! Single paned windows which froze up in winter, it was a grim place.

And now I find myself right at the other end of the temperature scale. Phew!

Reactions: Fishman Dave

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Brilliant! Though as another person mention this will be your last post 😂

I would suggest you tie this one down before she returns him, tell her it was top heavy. This way she won’t be able to smack you with the tiny tree 🌲

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Brilliant! Though as another person mention this will be your last post 😂

I would suggest you tie this one down before she returns him, tell her it was top heavy. This way she won’t be able to smack you with the tiny tree 🌲
The whole prank went swimmingly Nik. She returned home and I was at that window waiting for her. As she got out of the car I could see the puzzled look on her face, she was expecting to see a huge tree through the window, not me gawping at her with a huge cheesy grin on my face, lol.

When she came in and saw it she burst out laughing. She said she's coming with me tomorrow to the garden centre, just to be sure! Lol.

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
The whole prank went swimmingly Nik. She returned home and I was at that window waiting for her. As she got out of the car I could see the puzzled look on her face, she was expecting to see a huge tree through the window, not me gawping at her with a huge cheesy grin on my face, lol.

When she came in and saw it she burst out laughing. She said she's coming with me tomorrow to the garden centre, just to be sure! Lol.
Amazing! Very happy to hear she too has a sense of humour

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store