Cichla Temensis Breeding Diarie's

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
Fingers are crossed but it is 50/50 that my female tem could die. Oscar tore one of her gills during a wc. so worried rn

• Sad
Reactions: Matteus

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016
Sorry to here that .

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
I figure i would continue this thread with my newest temensis. Got 4 wc temensis and not sure of thier gender just yet. All are fully pellet trained. one tem took me over a month to get him to eat pellets. but was so worth it. Right now i got them in a 180 bare min filtration since i am putting a lot into the indoor pond. weekly water changes. Trying to sell all other fish. But Here is a link to some helpful information that i found about temensis.

I still got time but eventually just a male/female will be in my indoor pond soon enuff.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I figure i would continue this thread with my newest temensis. Got 4 wc temensis and not sure of thier gender just yet. All are fully pellet trained. one tem took me over a month to get him to eat pellets. but was so worth it. Right now i got them in a 180 bare min filtration since i am putting a lot into the indoor pond. weekly water changes. Trying to sell all other fish. But Here is a link to some helpful information that i found about temensis.

I still got time but eventually just a male/female will be in my indoor pond soon enuff.

Man am I ever glad you are continuing this journey here with us. I hope this next round will turn out better for you.

so a few questions I have about this.

how do you sex them? Did you vent them or can you just tell by shape?

how big/old would you estimate the new batch to be? Do you have any females in the new batch?

do you still have sparky/ and the other male you previously had?

perhaps the previous male(s) will have more time on the new batch to be mature enough by the time the girls are ready? Man this is super exciting for me lol.

Reactions: bassinmike85

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
I do not have sparky my old male. Turns out he was a hybrid tem. After i sold him i got my hands on 4 wc temensis. As far as venting them i have not vented them yet. Going to wait until they are bigger to vent them. Which is probably when i go to put them into the pond. From research tems mature around 12"-13" but that varies by the individual fish.

Man am I ever glad you are continuing this journey here with us. I hope this next round will turn out better for you.

so a few questions I have about this.

how do you sex them? Did you vent them or can you just tell by shape?

how big/old would you estimate the new batch to be? Do you have any females in the new batch?

do you still have sparky/ and the other male you previously had?

perhaps the previous male(s) will have more time on the new batch to be mature enough by the time the girls are ready? Man this is super exciting for me lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store