Cichlid for 65G...ideas?

MC4RKiller

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
VA
I have a 65G planted aquarium I would like to continue my cichlid addiction in. Only tankmates are some Boes Rainbows and a pair of BNs. Would like something atleast 5-6". Already have Rainbow Cichlids and Firemouths so wouldn't be interested in more Thorichthys.

I do have a Red Spot Sev....but would be open to a single male Heros of another type. Basically I want a single display cichlid which wont maul tough low light plants or kill my Boes. I am having trouble thinking outside the box on this as I want something "different". This tank sits in my living room so the fish also needs to be personable.

Please no angelfish....I spawned them for years and am just over them. lol

Covetous

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Florida
How about a Cryptoheros sp, Honduran Red Point? If it was just a single it probably wouldn't be any more aggressive then a Thorichthys. And I've had them in with Anubis and Java moss and they did fine. (Yes I know those are two extremely hardy plants.)

MC4RKiller

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
VA
My tank is only planted with various anubias species and crypts.

I have another tank of Discus :)

I have A.siquia. already as well. What about Sajica or Flier Cichlid?

MC4RKiller

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
VA
Have considered Uaru....heard they are hard to feed/keep healthy. Will have to do more research into that.

CichlidFiend

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2007
Have considered Uaru....heard they are hard to feed/keep healthy. Will have to do more research into that.
Uaru have similar requirements to discus, good water quality all that jazz, very rewarding, but 65g might be too small to house them for life

FreshyFresh

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2015
Buffalo NY
A severum or a few keyhole cichlids maybe?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store