Circ pump placement with FX6

B1GC0UNTRY

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2020
Nice tank i dig the black sand and background combo.

Honestly you probably cant go wrong with whatever you do. I was just imparting the need for that churning effect. Ive noticed in tanks where i set up a laminar flow only that debris can build up quickly in crevices.

When i used an fx6, i removed that extendable pipe thing and just hooked the strainer part right into the flex line to put it closer to the surface. The way youre doing it wirks fine, but i found the pipe made the whole apparatus more obtrusive, unsightly than just the strainer near the top of the tank. In the event that the canister leaks (unlikely, but still a concern ime) the tank will drain to the level of the intake which is another thing to consider. So in my view, having all your powerheads slightly lower than the intake/output is a good idea since they will continue to provide flow and not burn up if you encounter such a disaster. Just my two cents.
Much appreciated. This is my first time using a 3D background from Universal Rocks. Really happy with the results, keeping it simple with this tank and letting the fish be the center piece.
I’ll try opposing circ pumps and see what the flow looks like. Thanks!

Reactions: Backfromthedead
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store