Clarias batrachus eating habits.

Luminescent

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Hello everyone. I have recently purchased 2 albino walking catfish. I noticed that they are constantly active, as well as eating. They are honestly the most active fish I have ever had the pleasure of owning. My question is, what do you recommend for feeding? I have so far been feeding them live feed, but I know this is not a good staple diet as feeders can often carry disease. I have a beef heat recipe that I feed my Oscars with. Is this a suitable food for my catfish as well? If not, please feel free to suggest what you think will be the best for them. Thanks!

Luminescent

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Decided to post pics. I bought them 1 week apart from one another. They WERE the same size when I got them. The one that is big is the one I got first. Apparently they grow insanely fast.

farawayinn

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2008
cedar key, fl
www.farawayinn.com
swimming garbage cans. will eat just about anything that will fit, don't bother much with veggies they want meat. the one i had long ago grew to about a foot in a year, in the process it ate or killed all tankmates. one of the coolest fish i ever owned!

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Yup...they'll eat anything that they can fit in their mouths. Pellets will be devoured without hesitation. It may take only a couple days of starving, but they learn;)

fishlover88

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2006
Aurora, CO
Yeah as said before, feeding is never a problem. In fact the only thing i would caution is that as they get bigger they'll see your other fish as food. Keep an eye on that.

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
farawayinn;2831997; said:
swimming garbage cans. will eat just about anything that will fit, don't bother much with veggies they want meat. the one i had long ago grew to about a foot in a year, in the process it ate or killed all tankmates. one of the coolest fish i ever owned!

hahaha +1

martin day

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
england
my male will eat everything i try to give him a varied diet ,such as earthworms,mealworms ,prawns, cockles,mussles, and pellets

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store