Clark the Sajica: Updates

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
I find it hard to believe that Sajica’s can reach a foot in size. I’ve seen a few pics of some 7” specimens, but nothing beyond that. I think you’re confused….
Duane has a picture of his 10" one. That one was only a few years old too. The nanolutea Kevin told me about was 10 years old. I imagine given enough time a sajica could attain some serious size.

Manu8__too

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2013
View attachment 1500536
My alpha male was large, easily 10"TL, female @ 5", both were quite aggressive.
They would not allow any other cichlids to live in the tank.
View attachment 15005375
I remember you sharing pictures of these two quite a while ago. I recall you saying that the male was around 7”. Not saying 10” isn’t possible, but it seems existentially unlikely for this species.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I remember you sharing pictures of these two quite a while ago. I recall you saying that the male was around 7”. Not saying 10” isn’t possible, but it seems existentially unlikely for this species.
They grew as time went along.
When I first got them, they were only about 3" for the male, barely 2" for the female.

Manu8__too

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2013
I find it hard to believe that Sajica’s can reach a foot in size. I’ve seen a few pics of some 7” specimens, but nothing beyond that. I think you’re confused….
Gotcha. Either way, you had some beautiful Sajicas. Believe me when I say that I hope I’m wrong. I can’t imagine how amazing a huge 10” male Sajica would look! I’ll continue to share his progress as time goes on.
Aquamojo Aquamojo I need to break out my overhead remote-flash and get some clean shots.

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Once they started spawning, the male continued to grow, but the females growth stalled considerably.
My experience has been female cichlids that don't spawn early tend to get big or at least their max potential. But once they start early they can't 'get back' that size even if they stop later.

LOL female looks like jail bait.

Reactions: Manu8__too
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store