Classic Leos good ole P13

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
just gotta get my pair to produce more than 2 pups per litter! We will see how her current pregnancy turns out
Breeding is such an unsure thing. I am happy to get healthy pups and mom to survive and recover. One time years ago, I watched an amazing BD sell for around 9k. She then died being bred a month later by an aggressive male, new owner was eager to breed. totally changed my perspective on things.

I understand the sentiment of wanting a bunch of pups, but I'm just happy for healthy animals at this point. That being said, 2 is kind of a small litter ;) lol How old is she? size? how many litters? Do you breed back to back to back? I've found my litter sizes go up when females get a break but there may not actually be a correlation there.

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
Breeding is such an unsure thing. I am happy to get healthy pups and mom to survive and recover. One time years ago, I watched an amazing BD sell for around 9k. She then died being bred a month later by an aggressive male, new owner was eager to breed. totally changed my perspective on things.

I understand the sentiment of wanting a bunch of pups, but I'm just happy for healthy animals at this point. That being said, 2 is kind of a small litter ;) lol How old is she? size? how many litters? Do you breed back to back to back? I've found my litter sizes go up when females get a break but there may not actually be a correlation there.
I agree I'm about the health as well. It's not a business here. Just love rays in general. Ive never had them breed back to back. But hens are known to produce relatively small litters with extremely long gestations in my experience.

Reactions: Dieselhybrid

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I bet they are rolling around in there. lots of movement?

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
I bet they are rolling around in there. lots of movement?
To be honest this time around she isn't as big. Not sure how many she is carrying but I've only witnessed movement on one side like her previous gestation. I think she is carrying one or two pups. Ya there has been some decent movement.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Cool stuff. :) One day I'll get some pure Henlei :) Mine are p13 hybrids.

I love the grayer colored base they often have

Reactions: stingray keeper

rudy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2006
calgary
I am a bit of a purest in what I like too. When everyone liked Leo's I was into hens. In my opinion there is nothing better than a grey big spot hen. Second best would be a Leo (classic). My dream would be. Hen or Leo with no spots. Thanks for the classic thread! My big ass female hen will be forever missed

IMG_1562.JPG

IMG_1561.JPG

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Yes! Let's open this to a classic thread! P13 and p12. Or whatever got you into the flying saucers

You got em. Share em!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store