Clown Knifefish Feeding

Jwhisler

Feeder Fish
Dec 18, 2017
Hey, hopefully I am posting in the right place, this is my first post.

I recently picked up two clown knife fish from my local store, each are about 4” long. I am having trouble getting them to eat. One will lazily grab a couple brine shrimp here and there, but not much.

I was hoping to get some tips on feeding these awesome little guys. Any help is much appreciated!!!!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio

I recently picked up two clown knife fish from my local store, each are about 4” long. I am having trouble getting them to eat. One will lazily grab a couple brine shrimp here and there, but not much.

I was hoping to get some tips on feeding these awesome little guys. Any help is much appreciated!!!!
Welcome aboard!

Give them a little time to adjust to their new environment. Brine Shrimp will be ok to stimulate the young Clown Knives appetite but would not recommend as a staple try to get them on pellet and small chunks of Tilapia.

Reactions: Jwhisler

Jwhisler

Feeder Fish
Dec 18, 2017
W
Welcome aboard!

Give them a little time to adjust to their new environment. Brine Shrimp will be ok to stimulate the young Clown Knives appetite but would not recommend as a staple try to get them on pellet and small chunks of Tilapia.

Good to know thank you! Just a couple other questions.
Is there a certain pellet food that you would recommend? Obviously there isn’t an clown knife pellet food.

And for the tilapia, do I just buy from a grocery store? Keep it frozen until it is time to feed?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
W

Good to know thank you! Just a couple other questions.
Is there a certain pellet food that you would recommend? Obviously there isn’t an clown knife pellet food.

And for the tilapia, do I just buy from a grocery store? Keep it frozen until it is time to feed?

New Life Spectrum sinking pellet not too small or too large. Yes Tilapia from Wal-Mart just cut up 1 fillet in small pieces and place in a plastic sandwich bag. Only thaw out enough to feed.

Reactions: Jwhisler

XxAlejandroxX

Feeder Fish
Dec 19, 2017

I got the same fish and was having trouble just let it starve a lil and it will pick up the food quick I started with blood worms for now trying to get him into pellets

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store