Clown loach life span

kalimata

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2015
Los Angeles
I do know about cycling, but I had two tanks for awhile and everything always lived in this one and the other tank didn't do as well. I assume it was that this tank is glass and the other was one of those formed plastic tanks. Anyone notice any difference in tanks, like one doing better than another? (Guess at this point I'm superstitious about moving them into another tank so I'm stalling by finding reasons not to move them ; )

Marian Hone

Feeder Fish
Sep 15, 2017
Kalimata, My clown loach has just died. We had him for 12 years but he was given to us by a friend who went to live abroad. He was about 1" long at the time - maybe 1-2 years old, I'm not sure - so about 14 years in total. He was in an old metal and glass tank until recently. I moved him into a new plastic and glass tank a few weeks ago and he only lasted those few weeks after Whether that was a natural death because of his age, the shock of the move, or the different kind of tank, I can't be sure. I tried hard to create the same conditions in the new tank including saving some of the water from the old tank.

Reactions: tlindsey

jdej

Feeder Fish
Jan 17, 2022
Does any one know how long clowns live? I have a customer who has had three of them for 26 years! She has others that are 20y, 18 y,...etc.,etc. Her big ones are about 12".
I currently have a group of Clown that were purchased in 1989. That makes them 33 years old and going strong. If you get these fish, they might outlive the caretaker.

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
I currently have a group of Clown that were purchased in 1989. That makes them 33 years old and going strong. If you get these fish, they might outlive the caretaker.
Welcome abroad! That's amazing, could you share photos?

:worthlesswithoutpic:of those loaches.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store