Clown Loach with Congicus?

andrewsin

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2010
london
Has anyone successfully kept clown loaches as small as 4" with Polypterus Congicus?

I've have to shut one of my tanks down and I had to choose either Big polys or a group of clown loaches. I chose the clown loaches and sold most of my big polys. Sad times! Now I have a chance of buying back my biggest and best congicus......it's approx 18"....would it be ok with my clown loaches?!

Reactions: clm08k

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
Has anyone successfully kept clown loaches as small as 4" with Polypterus Congicus?

I've have to shut one of my tanks down and I had to choose either Big polys or a group of clown loaches. I chose the clown loaches and sold most of my big polys. Sad times! Now I have a chance of buying back my biggest and best congicus......it's approx 18"....would it be ok with my clown loaches?!
I mean i currently have rasboras (used them to help cycle a tank and the never got ate by anyone) in my tank and at one point i had a close to 10" pbb before he jumped and also some of the geos are pretty small. Idk how mean your congi was but i feel like it could definitely be done.

There's definitely a chance something bad could happen but it just depends on the risk you're willing to take. I have nothing to worry about because those rasboras cost me like $1 a piece and I'm not too attached to them. But also the loaches are going to be closer to the ground and with the congi.

But, my geos have been fine. And the smallest of them was about an inch.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
If it gets hungry though...

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
It's risky and it really depends on the congicus. So i say up to you. A former active member stated that when his congi hit 16" . It did this to one of his 6" clown loach.

downloadfile-3.jpg

Reactions: clm08k and tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store