Clown Loach with Congicus?

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
From what I've read on here,personally I wouldn't do it. especially with the possibility of congi snacks leading to death of the congi.
May work, but IF the congicus can get the loaches in its mouth the loaches spines will lodge and both will die
Woah! Had no idea about the spines. Yeah I wouldn't do it after learning that :/

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Can't speak from experience, but From what I've read on here,with the possibility of congi snacks leading to death of the congi....I wouldn't risk it..
May work, but IF the congicus can get the loaches in its mouth the loaches spines will lodge and both will die
Woah! Had no idea about the spines. Yeah I wouldn't do it after learning that :/

Reactions: tlindsey and Hendre

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Can't speak from experience, but From what I've read on here,with the possibility of congi snacks leading to death of the congi....I wouldn't risk it..

Yes some hobbyist are misinformed about the the hook spines under each eye of the CL.

Reactions: clm08k

andrewsin

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2010
london
Thanks for all the replies. Don't think I will take that risk then. Most of my loaches are 7"+, just a few oddballs that's are around 4", can't afford to lose them as they are so hard to find! But from my group of 4 wc congicus only one of them really stood out with thick bands and boldest colours!

Reactions: clm08k

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Glad you chose not to do it. CL's are slow growers and it would be a shame to lose ine and the congi to predation. Not to long ago another member lost his endli in the same manner

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store