"Common" CB Senegals vs Nigerian wild caught. Diff Sp?

Could there be a different subspecies at play here?

• I think so

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No ways

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Maybe?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FishBeast

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Northwest Washington
www.youtube.com
The regional variations between polys (CB vs WC appearance notwithstanding) are more akin to human ethnicities... a lot of variation both between and among ethnic groups. Just because a cousin of mine looks like a crocodile while I have the face of a bulldog doesn’t mean we’re different species. Anyway, Hendre Hendre dont worry about adding a location suffix to your sen... having a wild caught one in your possession gives you mucho cred in my book. Cheers!

On a side note, I wish I had the funds and the guts to set up an expedition to catch, tag and catalog these marvelous creatures wherever they may be found in Africa. Just like Herbert Axelrod did in the Amazon, and countless others that came before him.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
That's a very interesting scorpion by the way, according to Wikipedia their scientific name means man-killer, which is certainly interesting in its own right. Did you keep it for long
Kept it for a few hours then let it go after someone told me it's identify haha. Stargazers look awesome

The regional variations between polys (CB vs WC appearance notwithstanding) are more akin to human ethnicities... a lot of variation both between and among ethnic groups. Just because a cousin of mine looks like a crocodile while I have the face of a bulldog doesn’t mean we’re different species. Anyway, Hendre Hendre dont worry about adding a location suffix to your sen... having a wild caught one in your possession gives you mucho cred in my book. Cheers!

On a side note, I wish I had the funds and the guts to set up an expedition to catch, tag and catalog these marvelous creatures wherever they may be found in Africa. Just like Herbert Axelrod did in the Amazon, and countless others that came before him.
Interesting analogy haha, thanks :)

An expedition would be amazing, it's just hugely dangerous with the economic and political spheres down here :(

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Maybe Hao Hao can she’d some light or an opinion.
Know the others may not know what I mean but it could be a "malabaricus" kind of situation.

I'd say it's very possible. Not to long ago in my memory you guys were debating on two different species under Congi because one had round head and one had an angeled head

Before anyone attacks me I didn't read the whole thread lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store