Common Plecostomus Growth Rate??

Reptilesfishbirdsmammals

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2010
Arizona
drgnfrc13;4738044; said:
They usually grow about 1.5-2.5" per month until they reach about 14", then it slows down a bit. Yours is stunted and most likely will not get any better with your irresponsible fish keeping habits.
i am a proud fish owner and you need to leave my thread if your gonna be rude MFK is to help not discourage and hate on others shame on you

Reactions: Adith

xinchavoc

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2010
ca
plecos grow incredibly fast i got mine around May at around 3 inches and is now 12.5 inches ans still growing.

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
Reptilesfishbirdsmammals;4740345; said:
i am a proud fish owner and you need to leave my thread if your gonna be rude MFK is to help not discourage and hate on others shame on you
You admitted that you do not do water changes often and that you have been keeping a common pleco in a 10 gallon for 8 months. I told you that your pleco is not going to get better due to your irresponsible fish keeping; I stated a fact and answered your question. If you want to be closed minded and not accept the truth then do not create a thread about it. MFK is for recieving and applying information, it is not for being complimented on your horrible fish keeping practices and being given the illusion that what you are doing is okay. I was not rude, I told you the truth and chose not to sugar-coat it, so stop complaining.

I am so sick of people coming on here and asking questions only to turn around and accuse those who answered their questions of lying and/or being rude. Seriously, you people need to grow up.

brutonsbrew

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2010
hampton
keeping a common pleco in 10g with other fish and not changing water is to me animal abuse please listen to most of these people they only want the best for your pet. 90% of comments are from very experienced fish keepers who might not interact well with humans as well as fish. but really you need to test ammonia ph nitrite nitrate and other water perameters and you will see how you are abusing your fish. you also need driftwood for any pleco to be happy. please take time to have a happy animal

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
brutonsbrew;4740566; said:
keeping a common pleco in 10g with other fish and not changing water is to me animal abuse please listen to most of these people they only want the best for your pet. 90% of comments are from very experienced fish keepers who might not interact well with humans as well as fish. but really you need to test ammonia ph nitrite nitrate and other water perameters and you will see how you are abusing your fish. you also need driftwood for any pleco to be happy. please take time to have a happy animal
I don't have a problem with people, I have a problem with people who mistreat animals and ask questions they don't want answers to.

brutonsbrew

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2010
hampton
we are in agreement. i was just playing the devils advocate for the poor little fish. i dont want people to leave and not take good advice mr 13

Reptilesfishbirdsmammals

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2010
Arizona
drgnfrc13;4740372; said:
You admitted that you do not do water changes often and that you have been keeping a common pleco in a 10 gallon for 8 months. I told you that your pleco is not going to get better due to your irresponsible fish keeping; I stated a fact and answered your question. If you want to be closed minded and not accept the truth then do not create a thread about it. MFK is for recieving and applying information, it is not for being complimented on your horrible fish keeping practices and being given the illusion that what you are doing is okay. I was not rude, I told you the truth and chose not to sugar-coat it, so stop complaining.

I am so sick of people coming on here and asking questions only to turn around and accuse those who answered their questions of lying and/or being rude. Seriously, you people need to grow up.
brutonsbrew;4740566; said:
drgnfrc13;4740622; said:
I don't have a problem with people, I have a problem with people who mistreat animals and ask questions they don't want answers to.
brutonsbrew;4740648; said:
we are in agreement. i was just playing the devils advocate for the poor little fish. i dont want people to leave and not take good advice mr 13
know whats funny is we all hate animal abuse but im only 16 and me and my family arent the richest we can barely get by so id appreciate it if you guys quit telling me what to do and what not seriously its going to my 55G for some time and besides you dont need water changes

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store