Common Plecostomus Growth Rate??

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
Reptilesfishbirdsmammals;4762959; said:
know whats funny is we all hate animal abuse but im only 16 and me and my family arent the richest we can barely get by so id appreciate it if you guys quit telling me what to do and what not seriously its going to my 55G for some time and besides you dont need water changes
If you can't afford to care for something, you don't buy it in the first place. Do you somehow not think that fish are animals or something? Because otherwise, your comment about hating animal abuse is completely false.
and besides you dont need water changes
You have been on this forum for 8 months, and in all that time, you never realized the importance of water changes? :screwy: Do you know anything about the nitrogen cycle?

GolemGolem

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
AR
drgnfrc13;4763078; said:
If you can't afford to care for something, you don't buy it in the first place.

Yup, I work at Wal-mart (produce, not the fish section thank god, nothing can be done), fish keeping can be done on a budget (my old drug budget mainly). However, a lot of fish need a lot of space, I wouldn't stick a common pleco in one of my 29s.
See all the replies about pleco growth rate? Your fish should be almost as big as it's tank by now, So you don't have to worry about this particular pleco growing too big for a 55 if it lives that long, it's stunted...
5 gallons of water for a 50% water change on your 10g isn't that much, I'm sure your father would be fine with you tossing him one half of a penny every time.
Unless you are trolling, one would have to know what would happen when one says they don't have to do water changes on an almost inconcivably overstocked tank here.

Read more and get better at this fish keeping thing.

Reptilesfishbirdsmammals

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2010
Arizona
drgnfrc13;4763078; said:
If you can't afford to care for something, you don't buy it in the first place. Do you somehow not think that fish are animals or something? Because otherwise, your comment about hating animal abuse is completely false.

You have been on this forum for 8 months, and in all that time, you never realized the importance of water changes? :screwy: Do you know anything about the nitrogen cycle?
um yea yea yea i know all this but quit trying to be a parent your being stupid and honestly as far as i know my tank has completely good water if the water runs low i put new in im sure that counts as a water change i guess but seriously go troll somewhere else towards someone whos SIXTEEN and how dare you think i hate animals and why do you think i dont think fish are animals? obviously they are one way to tell is its on the food chain but if you think im awful you know nothing about abuse come up here and see what people do to cats if they see one and people laugh at it to which is pretty much burning, killing, and just torturing them but yea seriously quit telling me off my god you got anything better to do in Kentucky than harass kids?

Reptilesfishbirdsmammals

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2010
Arizona
GolemGolem;4763140; said:
drgnfrc13;4763078; said:
If you can't afford to care for something, you don't buy it in the first place.

Yup, I work at Wal-mart (produce, not the fish section thank god, nothing can be done), fish keeping can be done on a budget (my old drug budget mainly). However, a lot of fish need a lot of space, I wouldn't stick a common pleco in one of my 29s.
See all the replies about pleco growth rate? Your fish should be almost as big as it's tank by now, So you don't have to worry about this particular pleco growing too big for a 55 if it lives that long, it's stunted...
5 gallons of water for a 50% water change on your 10g isn't that much, I'm sure your father would be fine with you tossing him one half of a penny every time.
Unless you are trolling, one would have to know what would happen when one says they don't have to do water changes on an almost inconcivably overstocked tank here.

Read more and get better at this fish keeping thing.
stfu

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
Reptilesfishbirdsmammals;4763388; said:
um yea yea yea i know all this but quit trying to be a parent your being stupid and honestly as far as i know my tank has completely good water if the water runs low i put new in im sure that counts as a water change i guess but seriously go troll somewhere else towards someone whos SIXTEEN and how dare you think i hate animals and why do you think i dont think fish are animals? obviously they are one way to tell is its on the food chain but if you think im awful you know nothing about abuse come up here and see what people do to cats if they see one and people laugh at it to which is pretty much burning, killing, and just torturing them but yea seriously quit telling me off my god you got anything better to do in Kentucky than harass kids?
Wow. Why are twisting my words and making them more insulting? I never said/did about half of what you just claimed I did. And I have no idea where you got the idea that I was trolling... :popcorn:

Reptilesfishbirdsmammals;4763391; said:
Wow... 16, seriously? You act like a 12 year old and you obviously don't want help of any kind, so I guess I'm done here.

GolemGolem

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
AR
I really don't care how old the kid is, there are lots of 14yos here who know more than me.
I do have to think he's trolling, 600odd posts and he is surprised that people are offended by his husbandry and attitude?
Come on, by post 5 I knew that keeping an Oscar in a 55 was looked down upon here (even though I might just keep one in a 50 wide w/o too much guilt, but ALOT of water changes and filter cleaning).
He keeps a fish which should get twice as big as long as an oscar in a 10.
when called on it he gets all butt hurt and bawws that he's only 16 and his family is poor.
I chose to think he's just trolling badly.

Reptilesfishbirdsmammals

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2010
Arizona
GolemGolem;4763549; said:
I really don't care how old the kid is, there are lots of 14yos here who know more than me.
I do have to think he's trolling, 600odd posts and he is surprised that people are offended by his husbandry and attitude?
Come on, by post 5 I knew that keeping an Oscar in a 55 was looked down upon here (even though I might just keep one in a 50 wide w/o too much guilt, but ALOT of water changes and filter cleaning).
He keeps a fish which should get twice as big as long as an oscar in a 10.
when called on it he gets all butt hurt and bawws that he's only 16 and his family is poor.
I chose to think he's just trolling badly.
dont talk bout my family and i know oscars need a lot of filtering but you dont need to take out water you just need to put in water but whatever im not gonna argue with you two when i was trying to keep my cool but i dont get that youd keep a oscar in a 50 do you mean for life or for some time cause i was talking bout a 55 for part time but leave my forum or you can keep posting but i wont respond cause im not gonna waste my time talking to two people that dont even know me or my intelligence but whatever just gtfo my thread/forum

drgnfrc13;4763475; said:
Wow. Why are twisting my words and making them more insulting? I never said/did about half of what you just claimed I did. And I have no idea where you got the idea that I was trolling... :popcorn:

Wow... 16, seriously? You act like a 12 year old and you obviously don't want help of any kind, so I guess I'm done here.
yea good leave my thread idgaf and you act like a scrub

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store