Congrats to the July 2020 POTM winner, DMD123!

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
That’s the point of the contest, I don’t mean to start an argument. The goal is to make the best looking picture.
All good young Homie.

Reactions: DMD123

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Yep cell phone pic. No major changes to pic except to crop widescreen.

This one is also a phone pic with very little changes to pic, but same tank and lighting as the pleco.
View attachment 1427016
Now you're just rubbing it in.

(INSANE PIC!!!!)

Reactions: DMD123 and kno4te

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
Congratulations DMD123 DMD123 . Love that face :ROFL:

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Congratulations DMD123 DMD123 . Love that face :ROFL:
Thank you! The pleco has been so awesome getting that fuzzy driftwood cleaned up and now that he is a celebrity he has been making all kinds of outrageous demands! I think its your fault for spoiling him before I got him.

Al KW Tan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2019
Congrats to DMD123 DMD123 for winning July POTM. Great pic showing off some detail and that bushy face! Thanks to all who submitted pics and participated. Good showing this month. August will be starting TOTM so get ready.
View attachment 1426979
Congrats! Stunning pic! ?

Reactions: Jexnell and kno4te

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Thanks guys.

I want to start with a HUGE THANK YOU to fishguy1978 fishguy1978 for raising the pleco. This fish was in my possession for less than 24 hours when I got the shot. I had just picked it up, got it into the tank and then took a few pics a couple hours later, so again thank you fishguy1978 fishguy1978 for the awesome fish. Credit, where credit is due!

As to the picture... I believe pleco and bichirs should be eliminated for consideration for POTM due to their sedentary nature and the fact they just sit there. Way too easy for a good pic, lol. With this one I was able to hold the phone right against the glass, zoom in and it turned out to be one of the best close up shots Ive ever managed to get. No special camera or lenses, just my old Motorola G5 Plus phone and a very still subject and zero camera movement. Lighting is from the Beamswork EA LED fixture, no flash used.

The funny thing is that I am not a pleco guy by any means and was going to submit... you guessed it, bichir or cichlid pics, lol. But this guy just sat very still and gave me a great shot so that was that.

Thanks again to everyone who voted, thanks to fishguy1978 fishguy1978 for the awesome fish and now I need to try and top this pic....
Have you ever tried taking photos of a Senegal bichir? Mine is by far the most active fish in the tank, almost never sits still haha. It's easier with my cichlids

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Have you ever tried taking photos of a Senegal bichir? Mine is by far the most active fish in the tank, almost never sits still haha. It's easier with my cichlids
Been years since Ive kept a sen. My current bichirs are both very sedentary lower jaws, lol

Since I won POTM do I get a Bronze camera award by my name now?

Reactions: Jexnell
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store