Considering this kelberi sp.. thoughts?

Mr.kelberi

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2016
i would get. It looks pretty sick..id buy one of them if they were in the states...

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Very nice looking,what are they calling them?

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
I think I recall some kind of "Spider" name also?
I too remember that name being given to them Krich.

If you like them and think they are worth the mark up then go for it. The price on bass has gone down dramaticly. Great for the "true", keeper that are in it for the beauty of the fish. Bad for those breeding for the almighty $$$. That being said, those kelberi aren't really seen for sale over here in the US so like most rare collection points or hybrids they should be worth a bit more.

Reactions: Mr.kelberi

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
I don't know exactly how to translate it but it's not called sunflower/spider from what the supplier is calling it. I'm visiting NYC for the holidays and hoping he still has one left for me when I get back. It's around the price of a mid grade gold xback arowana for reference. Lol

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
I don't know exactly how to translate it but it's not called sunflower/spider from what the supplier is calling it. I'm visiting NYC for the holidays and hoping he still has one left for me when I get back. It's around the price of a mid grade gold xback arowana for reference. Lol
The Asian aro vs. Kelberi in terms of price in US...Asian aro will always be more expensive. They are illegal here so they will always cost more.

But with any fish. If you like it, but it. If you enjoy the fish that much and can afford it then go for it.

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
most definitely correct on that regard, Im just contemplating because i can get a whole pack of Pb like orino, xingu, kelberi, azul for the same cost. However these 'spider' sp are considered rare finds and don't come around that often. Just wanted to see if the Pb MFK community thinks they are worth it. If it had red eyes I'd probably snap it up 200% though. Lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store