constipated boa

thefishofdoom

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2005
California
how would you remedy a constipated boa? My boa has been constipated ever since I got her. She still poops but she's stays constipated. Please help!

fishnutham

Needs More Room!
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Brantford,Ont,canada
thats sounds strange how can you tell its constipated:

I use epsom salts for my fish when the need arises i'm not 100% but you should be safe using it on a boa just gut load your feeder or if his a baby a syringe without a needle should do it have no idea on how much though

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
i had a albino burm that would not poop i just let her soak in warm water for a day then she pooped i would take it to a vet could be a problem good luck keep posting on its condition

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
DeLgAdO said:
i agree wit nic

nothing like a warm bath to get the **** out of you :D

hey fella

what the temp of the boas enclosure?

:ROFL: aint it the truth whats the temp and humidity in there what are you feeding it

thefishofdoom

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2005
California
the temp is 70s in the night and 80s in the day humidity dont know but i mister her every dave she has a large water bowl and she eats mice adult and i can tell shes costipated by looking at her she has poop writen all over her not litterly but i soak her when she needs to be and she poops and i can also tell by there is no poop in her cage.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
i would deffinatly take her to the vet and feed only after she poops that is what i do with my boa this way i know he is passing everything ok what kind of substrate do you use in her tank???

thefishofdoom

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2005
California
the substrat is shreded aspen isnt that what is used for snakes

walls

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2005
My boa only craps about once every two weeks. How do you know your snake is constipated??

Also if you choose to soak make sure the water is TEPID not warm/hot.

thefishofdoom

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2005
California
ill post pics next time and u see u see

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store