Controversal Tigers..

ZOO YORK 207

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 14, 2006
Frederick, MD
Someone on another forum I go to(Tigercraze) said that a controversal tiger is a IT x ST hybrid. I just wanted to know what you guys thought about this.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
i just replyed to that thread:D

the name CT used to be given to cabodian tigers but over the last year ir so someone seams to have changed CT from cabodian tiger to contraversial tiger

this is what the letters used to stand for

IT = indo tiger from indo
ST = siamese tiger from siam (thialand)
NTT = north thia tiger from the north of thialand
NGT = new guine tiger
CT = cambodian tiger from cambodia burma boarder but some seams to have changed this to contraversial tiger and just put everything they are not sure about in this group to make things easy

AT = american tiger = even the people who gave them the names dont know why they call it AT as it doesnt come from america

ZOO YORK 207

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 14, 2006
Frederick, MD
T1KARMANN;732811; said:

the name CT used to be given to cabodian tigers but over the last year ir so someone seams to have changed CT from cabodian tiger to contraversial tiger

NGT = new guine tiger
CT = cambodian tiger from cambodia burma boarder but some seams to have changed this to contraversial tiger and just put everything they are not sure about in this group to make things easy

AT = american tiger = even the people who gave them the names dont know why they call it AT as it doesnt come from america
Yeah I was reading that... And it does seem kinda weird that they call them the ATs.

sQwiReL

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2007
@ Home
T1KARMANN;732811; said:

NGT = new guine tiger

i was reading the exact same post and they did mention that cambodian tigers are non existant. there is no scientific name for it. thats what i got from the reading. also the controversial tiger phrase has been used for a while now... since 02' i believe. they mentioned that they used the term in another forum... arofanatics.com. tigers are tigers to me... they all look nice :D ST, NGT, NTT, AT, CT... all need loving

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
sQwiReL;735956; said:
i was reading the exact same post and they did mention that cambodian tigers are non existant. there is no scientific name for it. thats what i got from the reading. also the controversial tiger phrase has been used for a while now... since 02' i believe. they mentioned that they used the term in another forum... arofanatics.com. tigers are tigers to me... they all look nice :D ST, NGT, NTT, AT, CT... all need loving
Your right all tiger are nice if you like it buy it if you dont leave in the LFS

Jesse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Most of the "controversial tigers" I've seen on tigercraze are in fact D. pulcher. Cambodian tigers (CT) are also D. pulcher. The distinction is that CT are from the Mekong River basin and ST are from the Chao Phraya basin. Both are D. pulcher.

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
icthyophile;737076; said:
Most of the "controversial tigers" I've seen on tigercraze are in fact D. pulcher. Cambodian tigers (CT) are also D. pulcher. The distinction is that CT are from the Mekong River basin and ST are from the Chao Phraya basin. Both are D. pulcher.
That is what i always believed to be true.

Another term used in japan for the odd-bar dats is "plus-one" for the additonal bar (4 on one side, 3 on the other) but scientifically this "plus-one's" are identified as D.Microlepis. On TC they are referred to as controversial tigers.

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
ZOO YORK 207;732699; said:
Someone on another forum I go to(Tigercraze) said that a controversal tiger is a IT x ST hybrid. I just wanted to know what you guys thought about this.
REad that too, i was always under the impression that dats were not yet captive bred (not saying that it doesnt happen) and i wonder how two dats from different regions would crossbreed in the wild.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store