adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
Looking good. Cutting off the old growth on the wisteria as well as the dying leaves on the sword would probably help.

Reactions: Jexnell

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
Thanks
So cut off the older outer long ones should help it?
Yes, that's been my experience. Then the plant can devote its energy to the new growth, and it also cuts down on algae. If these are new plants, then the leaves that were there were grown emersed, and they need to be replaced by immersed growth anyway.

With crypts for example, it's best to just cut all the leaves off above the root ball since they're all going to melt off soon anyway once it's immersed.

Reactions: Jexnell

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Yes, that's been my experience. Then the plant can devote its energy to the new growth, and it also cuts down on algae. If these are new plants, then the leaves that were there were grown emersed, and they need to be replaced by immersed growth anyway.

With crypts for example, it's best to just cut all the leaves off above the root ball since they're all going to melt off soon anyway once it's immersed.
They were in tanks submerged at The Wet Spot if that matters any. No clue to how long tho. But I will remove the older ones next time I am in there. Thanks for the advice as I am rather new to plants.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store