Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Long story short, I partitioned off half the tank for a couple 6in female Sagittae.

All was fine the day I did it. Over night not so much. Some smaller ones found ways past the divider. I would have understood more so if they ate them. That wasn't the case though. It looked like a Freddy Kruger movie, body parts all over the place.
The Survivors
The King
20190714_205557.jpg
The Three Knights
20190714_205546.jpg
20190714_205626.jpg
20190714_205644.jpg
And the Ladies in waiting
20190714_205523.jpg
All the Tetras and plecos survived as well.
The dead...
6X Porthole catfish
2X HRPs
2X Firemouth

• Sad
Reactions: adamsfishes

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Sorry for your horrific loss.

When I first got my HRPs I had two males and two females. One male hareassed the other male excessively and the sub dominate male lodged himself in a small hole in my drift wood trying to escape the dominant male...I found him still alive, it was difficult for me to pull him out of the drift wood (I had to pull hard) he survived the rescue for two days and then passed.

• Sad
Reactions: Jexnell

JimboK

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas
Long story short, I partitioned off half the tank for a couple 6in female Sagittae.

All was fine the day I did it. Over night not so much. Some smaller ones found ways past the divider. I would have understood more so if they ate them. That wasn't the case though. It looked like a Freddy Kruger movie, body parts all over the place.
The Survivors
The King
View attachment 1380030
The Three Knights
View attachment 1380031
View attachment 1380032
View attachment 1380033
And the Ladies in waiting
View attachment 1380034
All the Tetras and plecos survived as well.
The dead...
6X Porthole catfish
2X HRPs
2X Firemouth
Really nice color on that male HRP. Where did you get them?

Reactions: Jexnell

JimboK

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas
Reactions: Niki_up and Jexnell

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Ok so going to change it up some. I wanted a Convict paradise but the FM have taken over by numbers, but the King still rules with iron jaws and is truly King of the tank. So I am going to rehome the FM and replace with more HRPs and Nanolutea if they are big enough. Last time I was there the Nanos were only half an inch. Also replace the slaughtered catfish. The Wet Spot has in some Flagtail Porthole catfish ATM, if still around on payday I'll grab up six of them.

Reactions: Niki_up

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Ok so going to change it up some. I wanted a Convict paradise but the FM have taken over by numbers, but the King still rules with iron jaws and is truly King of the tank. So I am going to rehome the FM and replace with more HRPs and Nanolutea if they are big enough. Last time I was there the Nanos were only half an inch. Also replace the slaughtered catfish. The Wet Spot has in some Flagtail Porthole catfish ATM, if still around on payday I'll grab up six of them.
I thought you were selling the tank? Hopefully you've had a change of heart?
Will be cool to see all the different convict species together, still can't find any nanos or HRPs here though, I don't think they have ever been available.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I thought you were selling the tank? Hopefully you've had a change of heart?
Will be cool to see all the different convict species together, still can't find any nanos or HRPs here though, I don't think they have ever been available.
The water bill is payed by the apt owner, its not individuals per unit. He said I need to sell of a tank to half my water usage. A few days later I showed him how Python's work. How during draining it dumps never used water down the drain. Told how I can just siphon drain into my bathtub instead cutting my water usage in half without selling a tank. He said let's give th as t a go and see how it goes. So for the moment I get to keep my tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store