convicts sex

Thunder336

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Chicago
I am going to get a couple of convits today how can I tell if they are male and female or not.. Don't want to get same sex breeding to feed my oscar..

Thunder336

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Chicago
I am looking at my lfs he has some but the fins are damaged so can't tell by that he says.. I will look for ORANGE sides.. Dose size matter as to if they will have ORANGE sides?

Thunder336

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Chicago
well i got my pair and i git them in the tank i will let you know how it gose.. how good are these for my Oscar? (fry)

jeremyc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2007
canada
your oscar might not enjoy ur babies, convicts are pretty tough when defending thier fry, my 12" oscar got pushed around by 2" cons when they bred.

Thunder336

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Chicago
I have the Con in there own tank 20g.. I was told this is a bad idea now because the tank is to small what do you think? Also if they have 150 eggs how many will live how long do I have to leave them all in the tank before they will big enough for me to feed to my Oscar a little at a time? I might take one back if this tank is to small for them any suggestion...

Thunder336

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Chicago
Well might keep the cons I was able to get a tank from a coworker size is L30x24Hx12W dose anybody know what gallon tank this is? Can I keep the cons and a Oscar in there?

Edit: Just looked at the cons in the 20g and I am sure they have ick can you do the salt treatment with heat with them as well? I had 3 mollies in the 20g for the last 3+ weeks with no sign of ick they ate well and were very active..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store