Cool Mystery Fish

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
At least it's a mystery to me...I'm sure someone on MFK will know what it is. It's a new arrival at a fish shop in Bangkok (from their FB page) where I got my Blue Base Aro from. The text with the pics is in Thai, but it does mention 'Baka Highfin' in English; I can't find any reference online to a similar fish with that name (only some small 'baka' fish).

My first impression was it's some kind of wolf fish, but that didn't pan out either. Whatever it is I'm sure at least a few of us wouldn't mind having one.

Last edited:

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Actually after reading more about Channa Barca (and how super rare they are), I'm starting to wonder if he doesn't have that fish onsite, but instead maybe is just showing someone else's pix. But usually he only posts pix of fish he's selling. I sent him a message to clarify, will update when/if he replies.

As you can see, a google translation of the text accompanying the pix isn't really clear lol:
"Baka high fin is now rarely seen I don't know what it is, but before a lot of high fins are found, then I have to slap and beat. Painful form. Can say or click on the page."

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store