"COPS KICKED US OUT FOR FISHING" *rant*

itrebebag99

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2017
Illinois
I just wanted to express my opinion on the obnoxious YouTube channels that engage in this specific behavior. These youtubers start off by fishing in privately owned lakes, many times the lakes and surrounding property are clearly marked with "no trespassing signs", sometimes there is even a fence surrounding, so it is not as if the youtuber can play dumb. The cops and landowners then RIGHTFULLY chase the trespassing youtuber the hell off the land. The youtuber then takes the opportunity to come up with some good click-bait.

Don't get my wrong, I have definitely done my share of walking around golf courses when there are no golfers out, and I have fished in factory retention ponds that were probably technically privately owned (neither the retention pond nor the golf course had any signs up or any indication that they cared what I was doing there). However, when CatchEmAll fishing time and time again actually makes a game out of trespassing in a private area with clear "no trespassing signs", and returns to continue fishing after being kicked out by the cops, it really crosses the line. It only adds insult to injury when he posts it online to encourage little kids to repeat the same illegal behavior. If landowners don't want strangers fishing in their private pond, that is entirely their right. It really pisses me off when people on youtube not only disrespect that, but almost mock the residents for not wanting some idiot fishing in their private lake.

Someone might bring up the "8 feet from any body of water in Florida is public", and I am unable to find the original version of the law, so if someone could find if for me, that'd be helpful. However, if there is clear "no trespassing" signs, and the youtuber goes ahead and trespasses, there is really no excuse. Saying "COPS KICKED US OUT FOR FISHING!" is the equivalent of rooting through someone else's backyard vegetable garden, and saying, "GOT ARRESTED FOR ONLY EATING TOMATOES".

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I recently saw one of his other videos on the tube.Is he always so hyped up and excited in his videos?.....I hope not.

Reactions: Davidiator

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
He is quite energetic, yes.
I find his act to be a little annoying.A few youtube "stars" have otherwise pretty good videos were it not for their speaking styles or some other bothersome quirk about them which for me,makes it hard to enjoy their work.

itrebebag99

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2017
Illinois
I find his act to be a little annoying.A few youtube "stars" have otherwise pretty good videos were it not for their speaking styles or some other bothersome quirk about them which for me,makes it hard to enjoy their work.
I agree, he needs to take it down a few notches. Maybe the some people are entertained by his obnoxious spazmatic yelling and hand gestures, but it really makes him look like a complete d-bag. (note that this isn't a manhunt against the guy).

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I agree, he needs to take it down a few notches. Maybe the some people are entertained by his obnoxious spazmatic yelling and hand gestures, but it really makes him look like a complete d-bag. (note that this isn't a manhunt against the guy).
Wholeheartedly agreed.When I read your post and saw his name involved I pretty much wrote off looking up the video lol.

Dat boi blu

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 16, 2017
I got nothing against content creators and fisherman. But having respect for the land owner should be more of a priority than a hit video or a fish u may have seen.

Reactions: J. H.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
That's simply disrespectful and obnoxious. These guys should have enough public holes to fish in right? Why choose someone's private pond?

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
I am disgusted by this. One of the highschool dorms I lived in was near a mudhole/lake that probably was privately owned. I spent a lot of time there, and no one ever complained. I hardly ever met anyone there either. The only things that seemed to know about besides my friends and I were the turtles, birds, sunnies and bullheads. Once the owner objects to your being there, though, it's wrong to come back. Whoever this is, he can't be too smart, because no one with half a brain hangs around if there are going to be annoyed cops. It doesn't matter if you aren't doing anything wrong, they can make your life miserable, and there is no need to try your luck.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Not sure this applies, nothing to do with fishing, but will tell the story anyway. Had a neighbor for a while. He had a little girl by one sister and was living with the other sister who was carrying a child of his as well. He always wanted to borrow stuff. By borrow I mean the sort of borrow where he never pays you back or never returns stuff.
I guess he saw me come in with a 5 gallon container of lawnmower gas. He wandered over and wanted to borrow some gas because he did not think he had enough to get to a gas station. I offered to sell him the gas. He just stood there and finally said he did not want to buy the gas, just to "borrow" it. I guess you all follow the lack of logic here.

If he had been able to get to a gas station was he planning to "borrow" from them. He is among the population of folks who are use to someone just giving them what they want. I am pretty sure he and his family were on some sort of government aid.
He was young and healthy enough shovel snow away so he could get his car out. Nearly 75 feet. yet he was never able to keep a job. Always had smokes and beer to.
One other neighbor pretty much kept his little girl in milk, eggs and bread. I guess milk for the child was often forgotten when you dig snow out so you can get your smokes and beer.

The point being there is a large population who see others who have things as owing them. If you have Private property or lawnmower gas and they need or want to use your stuff, then they ought to get it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store