Couple quick Schoutedeni videos

lobowind

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 11, 2017
New Mexico
I have them take food from my fingers, too, and the other day, one "missed" a little bit when going for the snail, and my finger got pinched a bit.

lobowind

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 11, 2017
New Mexico
I have them take food from my fingers, too, and the other day, one "missed" a little bit when going for the snail, and my finger got pinched a bit.

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
twentyleagues twentyleagues here are a couple of photos. I added some things from Tannin Aquatics to the tank for a more naturalistic feel (soaked for a while so not to get a ton of tannins, worried about pH change.)

He has a buddy, a male Crenicichla Compressiceps. I say they're buddies because the pike knows that the puffer is messy so he can get snail scraps from him and tends to follow him around. ;)

My snail / shrimp tank is slow to get going but there are a ton of baby snails on board and baby shrimplets. Both the puffer and the pike will eat the baby shrimplets so even though I like the look of the shrimp tank it's really just a food tank. Can't wait until the snails are more established. (Only time you'll hear that in the hobby LOL)

The lily/lotus plant is new and he really likes it. He will sleep on the lower leaves.

IMG_6914.JPG

IMG_6279.JPG

Reactions: twentyleagues

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Nice puffer magpie magpie . Not sure how I missed this thread.

Had a few (puffers) in the past. Always a big fan.

Reactions: magpie

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Thanks! Yeah, he's a fun fish for sure. I don't regret the purchase in the least.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store