Covid vaccinations stopped and other science updates

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
If I believed a thing to be true, and were interested in swaying other people to fall into line with my thinking on the matter, I would absolutely be looking for corroborating evidence to strengthen my arguments. But if the first piece of such evidence that I found came from some fringe-quasi-scientific-alternative-news outlet...such as World Freedom Alliance Australia seems to be, IMHO and likely that of many other folks as well...well, I can't help but think that I would look a tad further for a more convincing, less off-putting piece of journalism to bolster my position.

Going a step further, I can't imagine what kind of search query it would take to come up with that item first, rather than something similar from a better-known, more respected and more respectable source. Your search history must be interesting; does it contain words like "inflammatory", "controversial", "questionable", perhaps "non-mainstream"?

I swear, sometimes it seems as though you go out of your way to locate these oddball news bits and bytes. If you are intentionally aiming to rile folks up by pointing out outrageous claims and unbelievable "facts", that would be one thing...relatively harmless, if a bit weird; but when you have an apparent fact that could have been attributed to a news release from something like the Danish health authority, but instead choose to espouse Conspiracy Theory Gazette as your proof...I must ask why?

Reactions: RD.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Does anybody actually care what they're doing in Denmark? I don't!

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
If I believed a thing to be true, and were interested in swaying other people to fall into line with my thinking on the matter, I would absolutely be looking for corroborating evidence to strengthen my arguments. But if the first piece of such evidence that I found came from some fringe-quasi-scientific-alternative-news outlet...such as World Freedom Alliance Australia seems to be, IMHO and likely that of many other folks as well...well, I can't help but think that I would look a tad further for a more convincing, less off-putting piece of journalism to bolster my position.

Going a step further, I can't imagine what kind of search query it would take to come up with that item first, rather than something similar from a better-known, more respected and more respectable source. Your search history must be interesting; does it contain words like "inflammatory", "controversial", "questionable", perhaps "non-mainstream"?

I swear, sometimes it seems as though you go out of your way to locate these oddball news bits and bytes. If you are intentionally aiming to rile folks up by pointing out outrageous claims and unbelievable "facts", that would be one thing...relatively harmless, if a bit weird; but when you have an apparent fact that could have been attributed to a news release from something like the Danish health authority, but instead choose to espouse Conspiracy Theory Gazette as your proof...I must ask why?
Hello; Quite a load there. I already explained the first link was found in a search AFTER I saw the news on a TV program. You have transitioned from dismissing that link to an attack at me personally. Finally, i did add a link from the Danish government which does support the information. Nice try but the information still stands.
Of interest is you have not once addressed the implications of this information.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
So...
Is the information factual or not?
Hello; Yes, the information is correct as per the Danish government link. It is not as tho we do not now know of the limitations of the mRNA Covid vaccines using the original formulation.
There now exists a Covid vaccine made using the more traditional methods available. I have only seen one article about it. This would be a possible alternative for any with concerns about the new mRNA shots. Forget the name of this vaccine.
There is also a new formulation of an mRNA vaccine apparently targeted at the omicron varieties of Covid.

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
There now exists a Covid vaccine made using the more traditional methods available. I have only seen one article about it. This would be a possible alternative for any with concerns about the new mRNA shots. Forget the name of this vaccine.
There is also a new formulation of an mRNA vaccine apparently targeted at the omicron varieties of Covid.
Novavax…protein subunit vaccine

Reactions: skjl47

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
CDC Recommends Novavax’s COVID-19 Vaccine for Adults | CDC Online Newsroom | CDC

Hello; Not much information in the link other than this is a more traditional sort of vaccine. I start with a CDC link to cut off the potential slam the source responses. Thanks, phreeflow for the information. This may be my way to go after i do some reading about it. My hope is it is targeted at the more current variants of covid.

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Apropos of nothing...here is a book which I obtained recently and have just begun reading. Very interesting, and very thought-provoking; perhaps not to everyone's tastes.

Science Fictions
By Stuart Ritchie
This eye-opening read argues that many of today’s scientific results can’t be trusted — and explores the consequences of faulty peer review, financial conflicts of interest, and more. “Thorough and detailed… A sobering and convincing treatise for anyone invested in the intellectual credibility of science” (Publishers Weekly).

Reactions: esoxlucius

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Apropos of nothing...here is a book which I obtained recently and have just begun reading. Very interesting, and very thought-provoking; perhaps not to everyone's tastes.

Science Fictions
By Stuart Ritchie
This eye-opening read argues that many of today’s scientific results can’t be trusted — and explores the consequences of faulty peer review, financial conflicts of interest, and more. “Thorough and detailed… A sobering and convincing treatise for anyone invested in the intellectual credibility of science” (Publishers Weekly).
I'm going to see if I can download that on my Kindle, that type of stuff is right up my street. Cheers for the heads up.

Science is all very well and that but they get it wrong....a lot! Our Professor Brian Cox, a UK astro physicist summed it up nicely. He said that scientists actually like to be wrong about stuff, there's no fun in solving things first time around. Being wrong makes them think more and pushes them more.

That's what makes me laugh about these scientific papers that are spewed all over the forum. How do you know what's believable and what's not?

Reactions: jjohnwm

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I'm going to see if I can download that on my Kindle, that type of stuff is right up my street. Cheers for the heads up.

Science is all very well and that but they get it wrong....a lot! Our Professor Brian Cox, a UK astro physicist summed it up nicely. He said that scientists actually like to be wrong about stuff, there's no fun in solving things first time around. Being wrong makes them think more and pushes them more.

That's what makes me laugh about these scientific papers that are spewed all over the forum. How do you know what's believable and what's not?
I got mine on Kobo, I'm sure it's on Kindle as well.

You should consider signing onto the BookBub website; it sends out daily emails containing lists of ebooks that are available for only one or two dollars, or even for free. Each sale only lasts a couple days, but once you have selected from a list of genres that interest you, you'll probably get a dozen or more selections on each day's notification list. Some books are new titles; others are classics (which are usually free!

It's not ideal if you are searching for a specific title, as the odds of that one being on sale on any given day are virtually nil; but as a place to find interesting new reads, it's tough to beat. :)

Listen to everything; don't completely trust anything.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store