Craigslist deal of the year or my new nightmare?

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
awesome looking tank! good luck!

BODYDUB

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2009
Killeen
I would reseal the entire tank just in case. It'll be time consuming, but if it had one leak it can have another, soon.............

bigphil001

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2013
Lake in The Hills IL
I would reseal the entire tank just in case. It'll be time consuming, but if it had one leak it can have another, soon.............
That is the game plan I am stripping all the old silicone and re-sealing the entire tank. Some of the old silicone looked like it was about ready to start leaking anyways. All in all not too bad of a process. I estimate by the time I am done I will have 12-16 hours into the stripping, cleaning and re sealing process.

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
Great deal on this thing. Stay updating this thread until its full and occupied please :)

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Ok you win. I thought my 180gal for $100 was the deal of the year. Not my favorite shape, but I probably would of bought it too. Great score!

bigphil001

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2013
Lake in The Hills IL
So I have decided to keep the in tank filters and then use a couple of FX5's in addition to the built ins.

Here is one of the filters:

The tank came with 4 of these foam spools:

Here is my game plan for media inside of the built ins:

Any other suggestions on media setup?

bigphil001

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2013
Lake in The Hills IL
I've started taping off the lines for my caulk. On the inside of the trapezoids they didnt put any caulk. I'm going to redo what they did and also put caulk along the inside. I assume they did it originally so you wouldn't see as much caulk but I feel more secure with it on both sides of the glass. I'm just waiting on the silicon I ordered to come in now. After doing some research it seemed that GE silicone 1200 series caulk was a safe bet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store