ctenopoma?

latapy10

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2019
Europe
THERE is my 6 years old ctenopoma which is now 19 cm long....I think it is a fish which often move up and down in the tank columm.

240950793_4530403503690814_8549250898410866923_n eel.jpg

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
I believe they are snakeskin gourami which get fairly large
yeah i think ur right. they are beautifull. I have never seen them for sale.
I used to be looking for the silver ones which get quite large aswell. never found them sadly.

Last edited:

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
THERE is my 6 years old ctenopoma which is now 19 cm long....I think it is a fish which often move up and down in the tank columm.

View attachment 1485886
Sorry for doubting but he looks smaller than mine. u sure its 19cm?

and is it even an c.acutirostre?
looks kinda like ctenopoma nebulosum or another species since it doesnt really look like a leopard print.

Reactions: Milingu

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
To the original question. Not ideal but should be ok. The Ctenopoma (if the leopard bushfish) will greatly benefit from cover. As you know he likes to hide in his cave and another great idea is to have floating cover. Mine love to have the floating turtle fake wood platforms to hide underneath, and this makes them more secure and outgoing. In a shallower tank this will feel more like a cave and may stop him using his hideout so much.

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
To the original question. Not ideal but should be ok. The Ctenopoma (if the leopard bushfish) will greatly benefit from cover. As you know he likes to hide in his cave and another great idea is to have floating cover. Mine love to have the floating turtle fake wood platforms to hide underneath, and this makes them more secure and outgoing. In a shallower tank this will feel more like a cave and may stop him using his hideout so much.
im waiting for my plants to take over. Give it half a year and whole top of tank will be covered with plants.

I would love to add floating plants but sadly i cant with how i build my sump.
the java ferns and anubias keep duplicating so every week i stick 10 of those each to the woods. So the plant part is going great.

Some floating wood would be nice indeed but first i need to make sure it doesnt get sucked into the drain.

I mean cover enough i cant even see him hahaha
IMG_1173.jpgIMG_1172.jpgIMG_1174.jpgScreenshot 2022-01-24 at 20.26.43.png

IMG_1174.jpg
there are 4 bichirs in here,
1 hoplo catfish
1 eel catfish
1 butterflyfish
1 hejuta gar
1 ctenopoma
2 gold eels

zero agression, no napped fins, perfect harmony with a lot of predator fish. idk how it works but i love it.
They are laying sometimes with 4 bichirs and 2 eels and the hoplo catfish in the wood cave. its so adorable, it literally doesn't even fit . :hearts:
the sump is also great, its almost just as big as the tank itself, so ammonia is close to 0, at friday its a bit but then with 40% water change and everythings close to 0 again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fishman Dave

latapy10

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2019
Europe
Sorry for doubting but he looks smaller than mine. u sure its 19cm?

and is it even an c.acutirostre?
looks kinda like ctenopoma nebulosum or another species since it doesnt really look like a leopard print.
You should to know as they get old -the leopard print get weaker and weaker...And it is c.acutirostre.

Reactions: neko1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store