Current Stock List 05/26/16

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Didn't he make the order right and send you a free bass?

I've had my issues with even the best vendors. I've had some issues with terrible vendors. One thing in common, if they make it right, I stop bashing and give them another chance. This thread will really hurt his business. Deserved??? Maybe....if he never made it right...but he did.

And what's with everyone who has never done business with them bashing for??? Solidarity? How's this...I drove two hours to visit them and though I didn't buy anything, he and his staff were very knowledgable and friendly and his stock was healthy. And like another user said, I never place an order without calling first or having an email conversation.

As for refund policies, it makes sense that he doesn't allow anyone to make those calls but him. He may have a reason to choose not to delegate those responsibilities.

Lastly, I agree that there is room for improvement in his online business. But all the spectators need to relax. If you don't want to order from him, that's your business . But slandering a man and his business without direct experience is wrong.

I'm off my soap box now.
Ive had good experiences in the store as well, that being said 2 or 3 members were having issues with them (online). On another thread the negative reviews from those members were being deleted by aquascape only when they were tagged again on this thread and i assume someone notified the owner (just a guess) were the issues resolved.
Your right about this thread possibly hurting his business but if it werent for this thread i doubt these issues would have been taken care of.

What should chrism, lightsout and the other guy have done eat the cost ?

Why should someone be able to order fish they they clearly dont have in stock ?

Reactions: mrrobxc

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
I think whst struck a cord with everyone was the amount of evidence chrism posted and the lack of response from them.

Then it was all blamed on one of the workers which looked like she was getting thrown under the bus... just real sketchy at best.

Edit : even if you were defending them nothing wrong with that. Your entitled to your opinion too

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
I actually think threads like this are good for both the vendor and the buyers. Aquascape can hopefully right the ship and the buyers arent beat out of cash.

Aquascape was mention in a few different forums and most werent willing to take chances on purchasing from them. Its wasnt the recent threads because this was a few weeks ago. I didnt understamd what all the negative feedbacl was coming from but after reading a few and thinking back on some confusion i went through (which wsnt a big deal) i understood.

Must have been two years ago i tried to get a jaguar cat and gold oscar, they werent available. Why still have them listed on the site and whats crazier ChrisM101 ChrisM101 (i think it was him) should have not been allowed to order them.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
I agree. I haven't ordered from them due to speed of email response. I drive up to see them finally. I thought it was a great store.

The thread is good but when you get these crusaders out there speaking from someone else's experience, I had to respond out of principle. Chris had a right. Flower horn man doesn't.

I had a bad experience from Fishfarm a few years back. Like the OP, I was pisssed and voiced my outrage on this site. He never fully made me whole but another member here told me he's a great guy and is a much older man doing his best. I felt bad and reconnected with him since he carries Uruguayan Pikes. Long story short, I placed a new order and he took care of me and gave me some free fish to boot.

I made sure I posted to recant my accusations. I was hopeful that the same can be done for aquascape.

I haven't done any business with aquascape but in my visit, I saw a great store. Would hate to see a hobbyist niche store like theirs go out of business. The hobby has few shops like this left.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
It is a great store. Lots of cool fish and well kept tanks. Hopefully they take this thread amd the orher constructively. Really just need to maybe clean up the online side of things

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
I too think it is unfair to bash a business that you do not have first hand experience with. I have plenty of awesome healthy fish from Aquascape. The last 5 years i have been back in nj so I just go to the shop. When I was in vet school Pedro shipped me plenty of fish. There was one screw up and he took care of it promptly. I have been buying from him for at least 14 years and remain very happy with Aquascape.

bignootch

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2006
At The Antipodes
My .02 I'll piggy back on what jaws7777 said. I've been to the store three times in the last couple of months, and I must say, that the service was great, friendly staff, clean store, they have a superb selection of fish stock, and was given free black worms for baby fishes. Going back for baby P. Caribe tomorrow :) I did notice that the employees are always busy with work, never standing around but yet available to assist the customer. That was my experience...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store