Current USA LED lights

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I have some plants in the 75g, but they just seem to be surviving rather than thriving. However, the substrate I have is a thin layer of Aqua Soil capped with an inch of Black Tahitian Sand. Since the grain is so fine, I'm not sure if that's affecting the root growth in the plants making it hard for them to grow or if it's the light. I've tried planting Amazon Swords, Dwarf Sag, and Crypts. And the only one still standing is the Crypt, but it's really not doing much. I also have Anubias and Java Fern in there which are doing okay. The Anubias use to have big foliage as big as my hands in the beginning and the new growth is probably no bigger than a 1" leaf now a days. And the Java Fern is just all loose and flying around the tank now as it never attached to anything.

My tank definitely needs to be rescaped, but compared to the other tanks, this seems to be the "worst" tank. Even the tank with PFS and T5HO are growing the same Crypts better.

Reactions: amazontank

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
I been researching like crazy hoping these low light plants will thrive in my set up. From the info I gathered I have the lights on 6 hours a day with the yellow button which is 100% spectrum.
Hopefully with some pipa frogs in there and an occasional dose of flourish it will work out for me.
I think I should of gotten that finnex plant light or a fluval 3.0
If the plants don't do well I will upgrade the light.
Hope your plants do better buddy. I remember loosing some giant Anubias a few years back because of to much sunlight and algae.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I used to LOVE my 75g. It was all Anubias, but I got over zealous and kept buying more Anubias and acquired one with Anubias Rot which infected the whole tank. Some of those Anubias I still have in there, but those are the ones that are growing ugly (leaves growing upside down and small).

B821E0F4-F9AD-40C4-87E7-56EB06B1E9FD.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store