Datnoid ID and general price?

Rayfishowner

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
Hey guys,
Went to my lfs and found this datnoid labeled as as a Siamese tiger datnoid. The price is outrageous $149.99 for a four inch bugger, but was wondering if the species is correct or not. I’m in NJ so idk if prices can vary that much but for a small indo/Siamese datnoid how much is fair price and how do I determine the different species? I know there are stickies out there but seems to me still hard to ID.
Thanks again guys, MFK members always come in clutch for me ?!!!

98B607F7-F321-494F-998E-BC5FB02ACC5F.jpeg

Katie_Ca

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2018
GTA - Ontario, Canada
Hey guys,
Went to my lfs and found this datnoid labeled as as a Siamese tiger datnoid. The price is outrageous $149.99 for a four inch bugger, but was wondering if the species is correct or not. I’m in NJ so idk if prices can vary that much but for a small indo/Siamese datnoid how much is fair price and how do I determine the different species? I know there are stickies out there but seems to me still hard to ID.
Thanks again guys, MFK members always come in clutch for me ?!!!

View attachment 1422174
This is not a real ST (Siamese Tiger) but an NTT (North Thailand Tiger) due to the width of the bars. The real ST is illegal to export out of Thailand and will cost a lot more than $150 as you can imagine. I would say that $150 for a 4" is a little on the steep side although not ridiculous.

I'm trying to sell my 6" for CDN$150.

Reactions: Rayfishowner

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
It’s a ntt. Seen smaller ones on my lfs go for $40-50. Depends on size.

Rayfishowner

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
This is not a real ST (Siamese Tiger) but an NTT (North Thailand Tiger) due to the width of the bars. The real ST is illegal to export out of Thailand and will cost a lot more than $150 as you can imagine. I would say that $150 for a 4" is a little on the steep side although not ridiculous.

I'm trying to sell my 6" for CDN$150.
Thanks for the reply! I guess I’ll have to save up to buy a datnoid then lol. Since 150 is nowhere near my budget.

Rayfishowner

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
Thanks for the reply! I’m trying to buy a smaller one from a local seller who buys from a whole sale. Hopefully the price is between 40-50 since that’s all I can afford for now. At the lfs there are silver datnoids for 25-50 (depending on size). I know that they are mainly brackish fish so would it be a risk buying one? I personally like the look of NTT better, but just want a datnoid that will live comfortably in my tank and not die young. Thanks again!

Rayfishowner

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
You can consider Indonesian Tigers, ehich come in at a lower price point depending on quality $25-$80.
What’s the difference between the two lol. And how do I identify? I’m a noob to the datnoid world lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store