Lok Tiger Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2007
Thailand
T1KARMANN;1866095; said:
you make me :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

by saying the post sounds like yours

what i said was the food can change the shape of the body making it look more like a female so the body shape is no way to sex ST :D

t1,

go read your own post again and especially check your own spelling and poor writing, i think you got yourself confused even mr perfect. i thought a london boy like you should be able to spell better than an asian like me when its your mother tongue.

your not welcome in this thread as you don't provide anything useful or have any constructive questions other than silly remarks and proof proof proof with pics kinda thing.
nobody respects you if you don't respect others.

and why i temporally left MFK was because of you! i felt i didn't need to share something better in MFK but i decided to come back because of me and friends wanted some answers that the outside world may provide and hoefully meet people with better input other than you.

so i suggest a course in behavioural pshchology before talking again.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Lok Tiger Fish;1866122; said:
t1,

go read your own post again and especially check your own spelling and poor writing, i think you got yourself confused even mr perfect. i thought a london boy like you should be able to spell better than an asian like me when its your mother tongue.

your not welcome in this thread as you don't provide anything useful or have any constructive questions other than silly remarks and proof proof proof with pics kinda thing.
nobody respects you if you don't respect others.

and why i temporally left MFK was because of you! i felt i didn't need to share something better in MFK but i decided to come back because of me and friends wanted some answers that the outside world may provide and hoefully meet people with better input other than you.

so i suggest a course in behavioural pshchology before talking again.
sorry this is a open forum i can post were i want :D as long as i dont make attacks on people which it looks like you are doing by jumping on the band wagon about my spelling

you have just said the exact same thing i said in a diffrent thread but worded it like you wrote it :D

please read this that i posted a few days ago it says the same thing you are saying about food making ST fatter

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148062&page=3

yet another person who is attacking me over my spelling you know nothing about me i maybe dislexic :(

shoefreak03

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
in my own little world
T1K, leave the guy along. you've made many claims in the past that were not correct.. remember that tigrinus could not liver longer than 6 months because you couldnt keep them alive for some reason...no matter what other's have posted and said, you were certain that no tigs can last long in captive environment.

This is an open forum but let the guy share his experience and have people decide themselves whether to believe or not based on their own experience. He is got one up on all of us datnoid lovers that we can not see them in their native land to understand them fully, only what we've seen in our tanks.

remember, the remarks you make on forums sticks with you.. leave a good impression to your fellow hobbiest, don't be the stick in the butt..:grinno:

by all means, please dont take this to heart as i am not trying to put you down in anyway; you have a great collection that i along with many others are very impressed with.. but character is one you can not buy or raise in your tank...:D who knows, in person, you might be a great guy...

shoefreak03

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
in my own little world
to let you know the sad truth about breeding in Thailand from fishery people i know, heard and seen, full NTT's were tested ( around 5kg specimens and around 6 years of age) milking of the eggs when female showed signs of full maturity and loose eggs look of full size and readiness; mixed with male milked sperm, it was a success. but sadly due to NTT's low price here, the cost was not viable and project stopped.
is there a special process to have dats release the egg you can share???

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
shoefreak03;1869274; said:
T1K, leave the guy along. you've made many claims in the past that were not correct.. remember that tigrinus could not liver longer than 6 months because you couldnt keep them alive for some reason...no matter what other's have posted and said, you were certain that no tigs can last long in captive environment.

This is an open forum but let the guy share his experience and have people decide themselves whether to believe or not based on their own experience. He is got one up on all of us datnoid lovers that we can not see them in their native land to understand them fully, only what we've seen in our tanks.

remember, the remarks you make on forums sticks with you.. leave a good impression to your fellow hobbiest, don't be the stick in the butt..:grinno:

by all means, please dont take this to heart as i am not trying to put you down in anyway; you have a great collection that i along with many others are very impressed with.. but character is one you can not buy or raise in your tank...:D who knows, in person, you might be a great guy...
no offence taken :D

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
im just waiting for scientific proof.... till then i think its all pipe dreams.... there is no proof of any of this... and with people having massive ponds and no luck breeding the odds of people doing this in a 180 are real pipe dreams.... where is the written proof... there is obviously no pictures to document any of this and i think there would be if it was true... im not attacking anybody but i want proof of this till then im taking all this as a rumor and hype....

StIcKy~RiCe

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
~ Laos ~
Lok Tiger fish..sa watt dee klop.

Thanks for the information. exactly like i watch some of those vids about ST.

I will be going to Laos some time next year, hope by then you can successful with the breeding. I will drop by Thailand to meet up with you and your friends to share information and i hope you have atleast a few days for me there. Also show me around go-go bar lol....

Lok Tiger Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2007
Thailand
shoefreak03;1869274; said:

Shoefreak,

thanks.

Lok Tiger Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2007
Thailand
Nic;1870982; said:
im just waiting for scientific proof.... till then i think its all pipe dreams.... there is no proof of any of this... and with people having massive ponds and no luck breeding the odds of people doing this in a 180 are real pipe dreams.... where is the written proof... there is obviously no pictures to document any of this and i think there would be if it was true... im not attacking anybody but i want proof of this till then im taking all this as a rumor and hype....
Nic,

i wished i studied fisheries, but unfortunately no, and no expert in breeding fishes, my dudes over here who are pros here and have active roles in the commercial fish breeding world are busy with their businesses breeding and exporting tropical fishes. the best looking fish and ugliest looking fish all come with the same breeding formula, BUT it is what the parents are given to eat, the water para, type of environment that makes them breed out the best or ugliest looking fishes, which nobody would reveal. this is business competition. just like tying to breed ST's,

i can tell you a few tried techniques and other techniqes by other people, but have not proved successful yet,

- mating them in concrete ponds 2 by 2 meters. 1 male 1 female. (failed)
- mating them in concrete ponds 2 by 2 meters. 3 male 1 female (failed)
- mating them in concrete ponds 2 by 2 meters. 1 male 3 female (egg did not fertilize)

this is the hard part, why the eggs did not fertilze.
- used natural rain water kept in tanks for the mating pond to stimulate the feel for the monsoon season which is the time the fishes mate and lay their eggs.
- try injecting hormones after seeing the female full of eggs 12 hrs prior to milking, but the female died.

other ways are being tested bt these are what i know and heard, nothing is in paper, we don't get grades for discovering here in Thailand but more like our ideas getting stolenand not getting credit for it, especially to make a living. so when it becomes a success in breeding them, you'll see them in the market again hopefully.

so hope that answers this proof question that have always been raised.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store