Dechlorinator nah?? or yah???

do you use water conditioners for chlorine??

• yes

Votes: 78 80.4%
  • no

Votes: 19 19.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

High City Rida

C.R.E.A.M.
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
In the air and I ain't comin down!
orbit;2462942; said:
LOL Chago09.... You have a very good looking fish! Trimac right? :nilly::D

Everyone!!!!:popcorn:

DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU err.... I MEAN YOUR TANK!:grinno:

:iagree: Do what works best for your tanks. PERIOD! But I do see all of Chago09 point's but only from personal experince.

Chago09

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
Ontario
orbit;2462942; said:
LOL Chago09.... You have a very good looking fish! Trimac right? :nilly::D

Everyone!!!!:popcorn:

DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU err.... I MEAN YOUR TANK!:grinno:
LOL so the specie of fish I have or its purity to wild specie makes any difference to chlorine and dechlorinators??? Thanks for the input bud

Chago09

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
Ontario
Regardless of all that I said about scam, I apologize again. I was saying that refering from my own experience. Obvioulsy it has been brought up that every city even street in a city could be different. Apologize for using that word. That word though was my fault and has started sooo much off topic insults and crap, from not only others but myself included.

Now there has been a lot of good posts from people who are ignoring the bickering. They have made points about fish dieing from not using dechlor. Also people have made comments about never using dechlor.

What I would like to do is compare where the comments are coming from geographically. Was there any two people in the same city who had opposite effects??? could chlorine maybe only be the scape goat??

Chago09

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
Ontario
High City Rida;2463032; said:
I am in Colorado. And I am not bickering with anyone my water is water not rocket fuel. Nothing special!

sorry did you say you do or don't use dechlorinator???

I thought Colorado had brutal water??? don't you guys pay crazy prices like $15 for a 5 gallon jug??? I was told it had something to do with the natural gas pumping or something??? I don't know its something I heard once, not to sure. Any truth to that?

[enjoyable_attempt]

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2008
Cleveland Ohio
Im not to sure about all of you, but the water here is horrible. I have a 10g set up as a QT for feeders, and even they can't live in it without me adding some type of water conditioner. Goldfish are pretty hardy and if they can't survive in untreated water then I wont take the chance of not treating the water on my other tanks. My dude down the road owns a 125g African Cichlid set up, Hes had to come over my house to get a bottle of prime because he forgot he ran out and his fish were dieing due to the water change he just did.

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
Mystus Redtail;2462737; said:
Do you drink that stuff? Ewww, I wouldn't want to shower in that. Doe's it glow at night by any chance?
:D

My drinking water is filtered but unfortunately, yes I shower in it....it's probably slowly killing me anyway thru my pores haha.

Probably the bigger the city, the worse the water conditions.

Chago09

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
Ontario
[enjoyable_attempt];2463068; said:
Im not to sure about all of you, but the water here is horrible. I have a 10g set up as a QT for feeders, and even they can't live in it without me adding some type of water conditioner. Goldfish are pretty hardy and if they can't survive in untreated water then I wont take the chance of not treating the water on my other tanks. My dude down the road owns a 125g African Cichlid set up, Hes had to come over my house to get a bottle of prime because he forgot he ran out and his fish were dieing due to the water change he just did.
wow to me thats sounds crazy. Some people did mention earlier that chlorimine(sp?) is the worse of the two. Perhaps thats the main issue here and not chlorine. I used to live in Windsor, Ontario. I knew a guy their who literally lost his marbles when it came to aquarium hobby. This guys entire house was fish tanks everywhere. Every floor every room and a garage just packed with tanks. Sometimes I would go there just to hand out and look at the new fry he would have. I would watch him do his WC and he would literally use a standard GARDEN HOSE!!!!! and literally just fill the tank up. LOL Garden hose is COOOOLLLLDDDD and obvioulsy not dechlorinated. I have to tell you though he raised some of the nicest fry I've ever seen.

Now another point I read in this thread a few times is people said that they can only do a certain size wc without it being a problem. That could be a large factor in this discussion. I do usually do more often smaller changes. I do two a weeks about 15% each time. I know some people like to do 50% like every two weeks. This could be a large factor in this thread.

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
I've filled my tanks back up with the water hose for 10 years without an issue. I let the water run for a a few minutes first so the water that was in the hose doesn't go into the tank.

High City Rida

C.R.E.A.M.
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
In the air and I ain't comin down!
Chago09;2463058; said:
sorry did you say you do or don't use dechlorinator???

I thought Colorado had brutal water??? don't you guys pay crazy prices like $15 for a 5 gallon jug??? I was told it had something to do with the natural gas pumping or something??? I don't know its something I heard once, not to sure. Any truth to that?
I very rarely use Prime like maybe once every three months very very little, and I do three to four times a week 75% W/C On my Peacock bass tank. then 150g now 240g.

Do my Cichla look unhealthy? And of course the Ray and the LTSN look happy as well. So you make the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store