Delhezi Bichir Growout Thread

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
I want to do a bio type. The corydoras are heading out to the patio pond in the summer. And yes, I want to do an African Congo River bio type. I have a plan for it, which I am not revealing yet, but have worked through with a fellow mfker in pm’s.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Most likely this thread. As you know, sparky is joining your gang, and I have some...oddballs coming from...online...lol.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Look forward to seeing it!

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Well, a lot has happened. The Cory catfish have spawned, an the eggs are...drums roll please! Fertile! Put them in one of a 2.5 gallon tank, and added an air stone. No filter, no heater, and constant refills twice a day from the big tank. 50% water change today, and tomorrow for the eggs, and the fact I missed a water change last week.

Reactions: Deadeye

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Ok. So I did a 90% water change, and filled it all the way up to the brim. I don’t know where another tetra went, but he could’ve jumped out. So only 5 tetras now. Cory catfish hang out with sparky. The largest tetra has chosen a fight with Sparky, and has bent a few fin bones on his back. One of the catfish has picked a fight, but is too fast for Sparky. He bops him in the head when they get near the moon rock. The smallest of the tetras is very submissive, but sticks up for himself. The biggest one has become his friend. Pics!

61669500-80ED-4ABB-8E4A-716FA5FFFB71.jpeg

Sparky wedges his 7 inch body into the Catfish’s moon rock. He likes the little cave!

image.jpg

The whole tank: you can see how much I filled it up too!

image.jpg

The largest of the pair of Cory’s, almost 3.5 inches, and living off of Sparky’s mess and flakes that make it to the bottom. I’m getting them Algae Max pellets soon.

image.jpg

Sparky vibing in his Barrels

image.jpg

The largest Tetra. Look at the fin flow on this baby! He is by far my favorite. He has such an attitude!

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I love the scaping! Sorry to hear about the tetra. ?

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Speaking of scaping, I’m redoing it to look natural...besides the barrels, which sparky loves, and the moon rock, which the catfish love. I just need to collect some manzanita driftwood.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store