Delhezi/Senegal advice (AND MY LOWBOY SETUP!!)

CrazyKoiCracker

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2018
Set up and fish look great. Be careful with that eshopps. I had one flood on me. If the u tube loses siphon for some reason the pump will drain your sump overflowing the main tank. I never figured out what caused mine to lose siphon, i think my kids are some how to blame lol.

If i were to use one again i'd either duct tape it down to the overflow box or use pieces of a acrylic to make a lock
There’s no siphon, the eshops eclipse has a bulkhead and diamond hole saw. The tank is drilled. I had the same concerns, and while drilling it was stressful since it was my first time, it was actually pretty simple.

Reactions: twentyleagues

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
There’s no siphon, the eshops eclipse has a bulkhead and diamond hole saw. The tank is drilled. I had the same concerns, and while drilling it was stressful since it was my first time, it was actually pretty simple.
Oh thats awesome then. Lobe your tank ande specially how well thought out the filtration is. Great job

Reactions: CrazyKoiCracker

CrazyKoiCracker

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2018
Oh thats awesome then. Lobe your tank ande specially how well thought out the filtration is. Great job
Thank you!! I definitely overfilter all my tanks. I’ll have to post pictures of my fluval flex mods tonight, I’m especially proud of them as I’ve got a moving bed filter in the return chamber of the all in one aquarium. :-D

Reactions: jaws7777

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Thank you!! I definitely overfilter all my tanks. I’ll have to post pictures of my fluval flex mods tonight, I’m especially proud of them as I’ve got a moving bed filter in the return chamber of the all in one aquarium. :-D
I almost find filtration as or more enjoyable than the finished display tank product. When i was done with my most recent tank i think i looked at the sump more than the display.

CrazyKoiCracker

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2018
I almost find filtration as or more enjoyable than the finished display tank product. When i was done with my most recent tank i think i looked at the sump more than the display.
I know exactly what you mean. I’ve got two 55g barrels set up for my koi pond, one full of Matala, the other a moving bed. The best diy filter system I’ve seen was a koi keeper, older English guy named whitey I believe on YouTube. His three barrel system was a big inspiration to me.
And one day I’ll get a Bashsea setup....one day.

CrazyKoiCracker

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2018
B3E1FB0D-5D09-4048-B764-DB3B0A6AA9DC.jpeg 8A074C05-F40E-44C4-95DE-C72D17CCD201.jpeg 2B9E2892-2008-4D7F-B052-715339964411.jpeg Fluval Flex 15, three chambers in the back, first chamber is full of floss and pothos.
Second has the original sponge, removed charcoal and replaced it with ceramic rings, in the sponge chamber and below it. Then the third chamber, air line coming through the back and down to an airstone beside the pump, above the pump I’ve cut out a piece of grey matala as a barrier and filled the chamber up with k1 micro. Water flows through the floss and pothos and the floss catches the mechanical. Then the sponge and ceramic as bio and then moving bed in the third as additional biofiltration. From what I’ve researched, ceramic has more capacity, but the moving bed is higher performance...handling any swings when I over feed or clean out a sponge.
There’s probably 100 guppies in that tank, plus diy co2 and I’ve never had any trace of ammonia. <3
I realize I’m getting side tracked tho.
The Sen is still looking good and no more scuffles. Knock on wood.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store