Derekp's Pond Build Thread...

derekp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2010
austin texas
BMac91;5052585; said:
When you are out of college are you going to redig this pond at your place, or I would say a LARGER one :naughty:
Hell no. Its going to be wayyyyy larger than this one. This one is only a measly 13,000 gallons. :D

derekp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2010
austin texas
I have a dream to have a pond that is all around the backyard with a deck over it so you can walk to different areas of it. With several large waterfalls that are 10 feet tall and places where it is 6 to 8 feet deep. All heated with a very large filter so I can have tropicals in it. But that is many years and many hundreds of thousands of dollars away. :)

BMac91

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2011
Alabama
But what is the point of life without large dreams to work towards?
:nilly::nilly::nilly:

Can't wait to see the pond progress. Are you going to work on it at all today?

derekp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2010
austin texas
Okay, so I spent the last two hours this morning putting carpet down and I have just laid the liner in. My dad and I struggled to put it in place. That thing is freaking heavyyyy!! It is now filling up in order for me to finish shaping it. I have to fill it up completely in order to know where to cut it and raise it a little to make it level. But it is filling as I type. :D

charles-n-charge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2010
Livingston Tx
subscribed

btw, i think im going to ditch my pacus but im keeping the aro and oscar. the pacus are roughly 10-12" right now. idk if you still would make the drive just for them, but if so then theyre all yours.

im going to build a 8x8x3' pond for the aro, and probably do about 3-5 aros in there in the long run

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store