Derekp's Pond Build Thread...

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Awesome, enjoy the perfect water. Your going to spend your remaining years trying to get it look that good again;)

derekp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2010
austin texas
charles-n-charge;5057421; said:
subscribed

btw, i think im going to ditch my pacus but im keeping the aro and oscar. the pacus are roughly 10-12" right now. idk if you still would make the drive just for them, but if so then theyre all yours.

im going to build a 8x8x3' pond for the aro, and probably do about 3-5 aros in there in the long run
Okay. I don't really want to make the drive just for them. :grinno: I already have 12 that are bigger than that. lol Good luck with your future plans.

derekp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2010
austin texas
Yanbbrox;5057424; said:
Awesome, enjoy the perfect water. Your going to spend your remaining years trying to get it look that good again;)
lol I cant wait. :nilly:

derekp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2010
austin texas
charles-n-charge;5057421; said:
subscribed

btw, i think im going to ditch my pacus but im keeping the aro and oscar. the pacus are roughly 10-12" right now. idk if you still would make the drive just for them, but if so then theyre all yours.

im going to build a 8x8x3' pond for the aro, and probably do about 3-5 aros in there in the long run
What about your tsn?

charles-n-charge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2010
Livingston Tx
derekp;5057659; said:
What about your tsn?
i keep forgetting i even own one!! i never see him anyone lol always hiding behind the driftwood. and right now hes maybe 7'', or atleast he was last time i saw him lol. he'll live in the tank til hes like 14'' or so, then ill move him to the pond after that.

i might have him in a closed off section though till im comfortable with him in there with the other fish.

the pond will probably be bigger too, thats just the smallest i will do it

derekp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2010
austin texas
charles-n-charge;5057727; said:
i keep forgetting i even own one!! i never see him anyone lol always hiding behind the driftwood. and right now hes maybe 7'', or atleast he was last time i saw him lol. he'll live in the tank til hes like 14'' or so, then ill move him to the pond after that.

i might have him in a closed off section though till im comfortable with him in there with the other fish.

the pond will probably be bigger too, thats just the smallest i will do it
Im sure he will be fine in there with them.

Here is some pics of it all filled up. As well as my ghetto little filter just to get some water circulating. It is just temporary until I get my big filter built.

p_00197.jpg

p_00198.jpg

charles-n-charge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2010
Livingston Tx
i really wish i could do something like that. too bad my budget for a pond is like $100.
thats just awesome.

in the long run what is your stock going to be? just the kois or are you adding some tropical fish to it as well?

derekp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2010
austin texas
Im going to have my koi and goldfish of course, as well as my plecos, 4 channel cats, and a texas cichlid. Im probably going to throw my pacu in there for the summer. I cant do it right away though because all the pacu range from 18" to 24" and I have about 10 small koi. Im afraid I would lose my small koi to the pacu. Im considering whether or not I want to put some of my cats in there with them. The hybrids would make a meal out of the biggest goldfish but my niger and giraffe cat could coexist without eating them, as well as maybe my florida gar. So Im still considering my options. :)

Muske

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2007
Mundelein IL
Could your gar become a year round resident?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store