Derekp's Pond Build Thread...

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Dang...that is a lot of kois! Very nice.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Oh, that cat is cool!

derekp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2010
austin texas
Yeah I have been doing quite a bit of fostering of koi that have outgrown others ponds. I have two albino channel cats in there, had them since they were two inches long. I saved them from walmart a couple of years ago. lol There is also a regular channel cat the same size in there, along with a bullhead, a giraffe cat, and two marbled pim cats.

Maor0

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2011
Israel
Your pond is amazing
And the fish look awesome!
Does it get cold there over the winter?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

derekp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2010
austin texas
Your pond is amazing
And the fish look awesome!
Does it get cold there over the winter?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thank you. It doesnt get that cold here. It does get cold enough though to require me to remove the few tropical fish I place in there for the summer and bring them inside for the winter. Last winter was the first winter the pond went through and it was the most mild one we have had in the past few years with the temp only getting below freezing for a few days.

AKfishkeeper

Feeder Fish
Aug 10, 2012
Anchorage, AK
I just sat here and read all 28 pages of this wonderful thread. This is great work and i love all the updates. Its been a fun read and i hope you keep the updates coming. I would love to make a pond but due to where i live the winter months would be a chore.

derekp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2010
austin texas
Thank you for the compliments. Im glad it was fun for you to read through. Ill try to keep the updates coming as they happen. Alaska sure would be an interesting place to have a pond. Im sure its doable but like you said, definitely a chore.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store