Get Your MonsterFishKeepers Cap

Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

Did you get into fish keeping or fish catching first?

Discussion in 'Fishing forum' started by Glenn Carbon, Jul 26, 2018.

1. phreeflow

phreeflow Piranha

44 minutes ago
      Fish keeping first and I’m happy if I catch anything, any size lol.

Deadliestviper7 likes this.
    2. PYRU

PYRU Redtail Catfish

Today at 12:16 AM
      Living the dream. Someone was excited about cold weather yesterday and I told them I'd like to hang Xmas lights in a palm tree.

Deadliestviper7 and kno4te like this.
    3. PYRU

PYRU Redtail Catfish

Today at 12:16 AM
      Fish catching for me but that didn't lead to keeping. A trip to the TN aquarium when I was young is what got me started. Fishing is fun, but that's just because they taste good. I've eaten a lot of the fish people like to keep lol

Im a water person though. I love going to creeks, lakes, and especially the beach so it's just natural to bring that element into my home

Lsey81 and Deadliestviper7 like this.
    4. Vampire fish

Vampire fish Jack Dempsey

Dec 1, 2018
      Started with fishing. what really got me into fish keeping was a neighbor gave me his 75 gallon and i would catch fish and put it into the tank.

5. rusto

rusto Feeder Fish

Aidan
      Wednesday at 2:02 PM
      I got started with fishing. I started off by trying to catch as many different types of fish as possible. this got me into fish keeping by looking at all those pictures of other native American fish to catch, a lot of them were in aquariams. I got my first aquariam when I went into petco and saw a baby pumkinseed in their feeder fish tank. Since then I have added seven more tanks, those seven have tropical fish and the first tank has the pumpkinseed.

6. amazonfishman

amazonfishman Polypterus

Trent
      Yesterday at 5:02 PM
      I started fishing when I was about 5 years old and big enough to handle a snoopie pole. As I got into high school and started dreaming about more adventurous fishing trips to South America for Peacock Bass and massive catfish I began to wonder if those were available to keep in the aquarium. Fast forward a few years and in college is when my aquarium addiction kicked into high gear. I started off keeping natives I'd catch at the local pond in a 55 gallon and also had a 20 gallon tank with an Electric Catfish to buying a 240 Gallon my senior year in 2005 stocked with Cichla "Lake Diamante" and several shovelnose species of catfish. This was the same year I joined MFK and was hooked! From there those fish grew to outgrow my 240 and I expanded to a 480g indoor pond and ultimately to a 1100g indoor pond. My interest for aquariums kept growing as my knowledge about south american fish kept growing and my desire to fish for them.

I am currently fishless for the first time in 15 years and it hurts me lol. To much moving around for work and family life has put my hobby on hold until we buy a house again and I've spent more of my time and resources on modding cars/trucks and exotic fishing trips. Hoping to be back in in the aquarium game full swing in 2019!