dinosaur bichir

Ocean_man23

Feeder Fish
Mar 8, 2019
I bought one of these guys at maybe two inches, kept him with a small set of tiger oscars and he did just fine in a 45gal. I currently have the same trio in a 75gal, bichir is now about 6", and oscars are about the same and I've never seen any aggression between them. He will most likely go after any larger snails you have though. I find it funny because I will come home some days and find empty snail shells laying around and a smiling bichir resting somewhere in my tank. My buddy however purchased a saddleback bichir that was mislabeled, this species is completely different and will eat anything that can fit in its mouth and grows rapidly

Ocean_man23

Feeder Fish
Mar 8, 2019
I bought one of these guys at maybe two inches, kept him with a small set of tiger oscars and he did just fine in a 45gal. I currently have the same trio in a 75gal, bichir is now about 6", and oscars are about the same and I've never seen any aggression between them. Just make sure you have enough structure for the bichir to hide in and make sure he eats everyday. Once he gets bigger he will most likely go after any larger snails you have. I find it funny because I will come home some days and find empty snail shells laying around and a smiling bichir resting somewhere in my tank. Once he gets larger he will eat feeder fish, however I feed mine bloodworms and sinking pellets

CB7488DD-7DA3-4090-8D0A-147F7557548E.jpeg

2F3F9564-948B-49E5-A852-16AEA5FF3E90.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store