DiY Acrylic Tank Building

aquatic_wonders

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2007
SOCAL
Very good! the part that I wanted to see is when you smooth out the cuts in the acrylic.

509stinger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2007
washington
i just got a quote from tenecor aquarium builders, 6'x4'x2'= $1634.78 not including overflows or even holes for bulkheads and thats not including shipping so add almost another $800-$1000 for that:eek:

Big Daves Rays

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2006
Seattle WA
The extra $ you spend with Tenecor is just in case it does blow out, you get a brand new tank for free! I've done alot of small acrylic work and somehow I'm pretty sure I can build a big tank myself, but the thought of walking into my stingray room with a blown out tank I made myself would really bum me out to say the least.

Big Daves Rays

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2006
Seattle WA
One thing too, buy your tanks in the off season (winter time coming up) If you spend enough dough on a big tank you can talk them into shipping it to you for free. Thats what I did. Or you can DIY and save more $. Can't wait to see full tank shots of the tanks you made.

erider

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2006
north atlantic
i would also like to know about bonding black and clear,and garf says to use half inch on a tank that size. why use 3/4? im sure it is safer but do you need to?

werdna

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2006
USA
wow man.. this is really cool! i cant wait to make myself one once i get outa college! ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store