DIY Plywood

portabuddy

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2006
mississauga
yes i agree but its cheaper... and they dont have the lbr... but im definitely going to use one of the two for my tank., rubberized liners are 100 times better then using resin and fiberglass... who wants to sand anyway., but with the sanitred and blue max i would use at least 4-5 coats you know because I'm crazy and paranoid...

Guinness

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2005
Oak Lawn IL
Make sure silicone will adhear to whatever coating you choose. I used "Herculiner" only to find out silicone will not adhear to it(even though their tech dept. told me it would). I had to coat the coating with epoxy.
Guinness

ChrisEvans

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2007
UK
Well I think I've just ruled it out.

$150 I didn't mind paying but another $100 for shipping to the UK seems a bit excessive!

Any other suggestions?

ChrisEvans

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2007
UK
I get the impression this would be a lot easier if I went the concrete route.

I've been told that Koi pond sealants would be fine, but only apply to concrete.

Phixer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2007
CO & CA
portabuddy;817143; said:
yes i agree but its cheaper... and they dont have the lbr... but im definitely going to use one of the two for my tank., rubberized liners are 100 times better then using resin and fiberglass... who wants to sand anyway., but with the sanitred and blue max i would use at least 4-5 coats you know because I'm crazy and paranoid...
I agree, I like the color too. Wonder how well it adheres to acrylic?

jem454

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
buffalo
ChrisEvans;817608; said:
I get the impression this would be a lot easier if I went the concrete route.

I've been told that Koi pond sealants would be fine, but only apply to concrete.
I used drylok on cement boards on my 600.
http://

john C

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2007
ohio
i heard about sweet water epoxy paint
aquaticecosystem.com
good luck i am working on building a fish room and i am interested in plywood tanks however i am still debating between plywood and acrylic

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store