DIY Radiant heater for my 1500 gallon tank

Deano1956

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Morris, IL.
VLDesign;4498789; said:
Update on this system..

I am running into an issue where hot water still fills the coil and is now over heating the tank. Even with the pump off. The hot water creeps down the PEX pass the pump and into the coil and it is currently keeping the tank @ 89.4 degrees even thogh the system is set to 83. Only thing I can think of to do to stop this is to put in some sort of solenoid valve before the pump that only opens when the pump is on.

Thoughts?

Anyone else with similar issues?
that should work fine but are'nt they exspensive?

Deano1956

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Morris, IL.
What if I coiled around my hot water heat pipes in the basement for a heater, would that work and how much footage would I need?

yzf450motoxrider

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2009
CT
im thinking of doing this for my tank. Did you ever figure out a way to stop the water from creeping in the pex tubing

Ocean Railroader

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2010
Richmond VA
If I bought a house with those classic heater radators would I be able to build a heating system that would be able to tap into the old steam or hot water pipes to heat a 5000 gallon fish tank or would this damage the old radator heating system?

If you have a fish tank that is over a thousand gallons and it in a large room or a floor level of a house would the fish tank if it is heated would it control the warmness in the room around it or would it not?

Mike King

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Massachusetts
If I bought a house with those classic heater radators would I be able to build a heating system that would be able to tap into the old steam or hot water pipes to heat a 5000 gallon fish tank or would this damage the old radator heating system?

If you have a fish tank that is over a thousand gallons and it in a large room or a floor level of a house would the fish tank if it is heated would it control the warmness in the room around it or would it not?
i have 640gal of water in one of my lower level rooms. These tanks are set at 79 degrees and raises the room temp from 69- 74. If you had a larger tank i would imagine that the temp would rise slightly more. For my giant plywood/fiberglass tank I am setting up a commercial vent connected to a timer that turns on/off at set times to reduce the humidity and let some warm air escape. As this tank is confined in what used to be my old one car under garage.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store