DO NOT BUY FROM...

Lilyann

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
AZ Gardens-- the worst customer service experience I have ever had in 15 years of ordering fish online. An "F" with BBB. How this business survives is a complete mystery to me. Take a look at Yelp, this business is still scamming unsuspecting customers to this day.

Slick website, the "appearance" of variety ( they do not have on hand half of what they advertise), and efficient and easy ordering process. But...

After they get your money: no working telephone. Im sure their telephone still doesn't work.
Took 3 weeks to get delivery. Once delivered, 200.00 worth of dead fish. 15 corydoras all in the same bag and dead of ammonia toxicity.

Plants ordered: Of the 4 varieties I ordered only one the actual variety I ordered, they substituted with other plants. Read the small print- they "reserve the right to substitute with anything they do not have in stock." Fish, plants, or otherwise, they advertise an exotic fish or plant and substitute with whatever they find is "comparable, like with like".

Fortunately bought through Paypal because after another 2 weeks of the owner playing games with me after sending me dead fish and only 1 of the plants I actually ordered, received money back through Paypal ( well, after another month of waiting).

Nelsonthefishguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2018
AZ Gardens-- the worst customer service experience I have ever had in 15 years of ordering fish online. An "F" with BBB. How this business survives is a complete mystery to me. Take a look at Yelp, this business is still scamming unsuspecting customers to this day.

Slick website, the "appearance" of variety ( they do not have on hand half of what they advertise), and efficient and easy ordering process. But...

After they get your money: no working telephone. Im sure their telephone still doesn't work.
Took 3 weeks to get delivery. Once delivered, 200.00 worth of dead fish. 15 corydoras all in the same bag and dead of ammonia toxicity.

Plants ordered: Of the 4 varieties I ordered only one the actual variety I ordered, they substituted with other plants. Read the small print- they "reserve the right to substitute with anything they do not have in stock." Fish, plants, or otherwise, they advertise an exotic fish or plant and substitute with whatever they find is "comparable, like with like".

Fortunately bought through Paypal because after another 2 weeks of the owner playing games with me after sending me dead fish and only 1 of the plants I actually ordered, received money back through Paypal ( well, after another month of waiting).
I was actually going to order through them first and I read plenty of reviews stating exactly what you experienced. Like everyone else has pointed out, I don’t know how they still have a business. I did a bit of research on the Your Fish Store a week before I placed my order. Reviews were mixed. They don’t do that substitution BS, but they do a lot of bartering. Bartering isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but if you can’t provide what a customer is ordering you probably shouldn’t sell it at all... Initially, when I searched them on BBB, they had a C rating, all issues resolved. Checked back Wednesday of this week, when they were giving me the run around, and they were at a D.

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
Maybe a better idea than just a thread with a list of bewares would be a "vendor reviews" section of the forum. Then we could post experiences good or bad in threads for specific vendors

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I tried to get a place where we could post all the sites we buy from and it was shut down because of the sponsors and this is a somewhat similar idea so it may not go also.

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
I tried to get a place where we could post all the sites we buy from and it was shut down because of the sponsors and this is a somewhat similar idea so it may not go also.
Dont want discontent t spread in the masses lol

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
OP isn't over reacting. I ordered a Jaguar Catfish from them a few weeks ago and got a run around too. I didn't get a refund because they never took the money from my account in the first place. Did some more research and couldn't find even ONE good review for "your fish store" so I emailed the guy back and told him to just cancel my order and I wasnt interested in doing business with him.

Still looking for a jag cat tho.
Jeff Rapps at Tangled Up in Cichlids will be getting jag cat on his stocklist this Friday. Check to see his prices then.

Balistik928

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2019
Lancaster, PA
OP isn't over reacting. I ordered a Jaguar Catfish from them a few weeks ago and got a run around too. I didn't get a refund because they never took the money from my account in the first place. Did some more research and couldn't find even ONE good review for "your fish store" so I emailed the guy back and told him to just cancel my order and I wasnt interested in doing business with him.

Still looking for a jag cat tho.
My lfs has them in stock for like 15-20 dollars almost all the time

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store