DO NOT BUY FROM...

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I'm still confused as to why they mentioned an octopus.

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
One should always do their research before ordering, the frustration factor is often to much otherwise

Usually you can just post an inquiry on this site and get a pretty good answer

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
One should always do their research before ordering, the frustration factor is often to much otherwise

Usually you can just post an inquiry on this site and get a pretty good answer
I did post one but no one had bought from there lol once burned, now twice as wise i guess.

Reactions: DOOB and celebrist

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Also, since you didn't mention any previous bad experiences with them I'm going to assume this is your first purchase with them. It wasn't a bad experience to be honest, a bit annoying but not bad. If this is infact your first experience then I would reccomend making another purchase from them in maybe a week or a month or even several months just to see if this is a one time thing or a common occurrence. If you wanna know a REALLY bad place to buy fish from then look up the reviews from azgardens.com. Absolutely horrible place and I would not wish my worst enemy to buy from them.
What's so bad about AZ gardens? Just curious. They offer fish that no one else does, like white sturgeon.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
What's so bad about AZ gardens? Just curious. They offer fish that no one else does, like white sturgeon.
I cannot express just how bad they are, I truly do not think I can put it into words. If you do a simple search for reviews of them you’ll see what I mean but since I brought it up I’ll tell you straight up. The owner has this fine print that says if you do not say “no subs” in the comment section when ordering then he will be free to replace any fish that is out of stock (dead) with a “similar” fish. That’s not the worst, the fish he sends are riddled with diseases and starving but that’s still not all. If you try to call him on it he will insult you, say you did it, refuse to give a refund, refuse to send anything else, he will eventually stop talking to you. He is not part of the BBB so you can’t report him. He literally does not care at all whatsoever about the fish or you.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I cannot express just how bad they are, I truly do not think I can put it into words. If you do a simple search for reviews of them you’ll see what I mean but since I brought it up I’ll tell you straight up. The owner has this fine print that says if you do not say “no subs” in the comment section when ordering then he will be free to replace any fish that is out of stock (dead) with a “similar” fish. That’s not the worst, the fish he sends are riddled with diseases and starving but that’s still not all. If you try to call him on it he will insult you, say you did it, refuse to give a refund, refuse to send anything else, he will eventually stop talking to you. He is not part of the BBB so you can’t report him. He literally does not care at all whatsoever about the fish or you.
Wow. Thanks for that, bro. How are they still in business? This is the exact opposite of the norm and expectation.

EDIT: just googled AZgardens review. You're right. I've never seen such bad reviews and that they are the vast majority.

@OP: sorry for the derail. Back to your vendor. He is a kitten vs the AZ gardens lion of NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nelsonthefishguy

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I'm always happy to help a fellow fish keeper avoid that site :).

Nelsonthefishguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2018
Wow. Thanks for that, bro. How are they still in business? This is the exact opposite of the norm and expectation.

EDIT: just googled AZgardens review. You're right. I've never seen such bad reviews and that they are the vast majority.

@OP: sorry for the derail. Back to your vendor. He is a kitten vs the AZ gardens lion of NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.
I have no clue!

Little update to this thread... Went through Tropicali Fish Farms an had a completely different experience. Great customer service and a very timely delivery. They ship out of San Diego and I received my silver today! Kinda skipped quarantine, so I might get a little flak from some. Overall, much better service and experience with tropicali. Would highly recommend!

image.jpg

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Nice silver arowana, also you might get a little bit of crap for not quarantining but eh. I don’t quarantine the majority of my fish and I’ve had 2 times when something bad happened. The first time was when I didn’t know what to do to treat icy and it ended up wiping out my whole tank. The last time was a mystery disease killed all of my cories within 2 days.

Reactions: Nelsonthefishguy
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store