Does plecos need oxygen?

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
roflmao, everyone told you to get a 40 breeder at the very smallest for your FH and explained the growth potentials of the common pleco and you have them in a 15 and 7 gallon tank?

hahaha, here's something you prob didn't pick up on yet, all plecos do is poop and poop and poop and poop and grow. that pleco will foul your water up so fast, you prob need to be doin 2 water changes a week as long as you have it in that tiny (most likely uncycled) tank

as for the original question, yes it'd be nice to have some type of device such as a powerhead, bubble wand, HOB filter etc etc that supplies oxygen and breaks up the surface

there's so many other options for plecos that actually stay small, i wish you had done a lil more research but it's a common mistake so i can't fault you too much

TheLeviathan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2011
MY
roflmao, everyone told you to get a 40 breeder at the very smallest for your FH and explained the growth potentials of the common pleco and you have them in a 15 and 7 gallon tank?

hahaha, here's something you prob didn't pick up on yet, all plecos do is poop and poop and poop and poop and grow. that pleco will foul your water up so fast, you prob need to be doin 2 water changes a week as long as you have it in that tiny (most likely uncycled) tank

as for the original question, yes it'd be nice to have some type of device such as a powerhead, bubble wand, HOB filter etc etc that supplies oxygen and breaks up the surface

there's so many other options for plecos that actually stay small, i wish you had done a lil more research but it's a common mistake so i can't fault you too much
Well the pleco was from my previous tank which all my fish in it died :(

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Well the pleco was from my previous tank which all my fish in it died :(
i can't say i'm surprised. the best thing you've done in your short fish keeping career is join this site. The worse thing you've done is buy fish, tanks, equipment without doing research first. take advantage of the vase knowledge this site has to offer (or use google) and you'll be on the correct path. right now you're throwing money down the drain

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Here they are :)
I posted this in the other thread

Warborg said:
It is a Pterygoplichthys disjunctivus . Under the right conditions it could get up to 24 inches.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog...species_id=703

It is similar to a Pterygoplichthys pardalis but a Pterygoplichthys pardalis has a circle like pattern on it's belly where as a Pterygoplichthys disjunctivus has wavy lines.
p.s. Don't listen to the bad ID

I've kept over 15 Pterygoplichthys disjunctivus in 21 years of fishkeeping and about 10 Sailfins(Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps). I know how to tell the difference.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store