*******DONT ASK IF THEY'RE BANNED************

Timmy

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
On Mother EARTH
killerfish;1020496; said:
two have potential to damage the environment in CERTAIN places so lets ban all 29 species every where hmmmm

From a governmental stand point it is easier to control if ALL species are banned....

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
yes i understand they are worried about certain species and that there worried about them beeing confused with another species because when young they can look very simaler to each other but the ones that look totally differn't when young and can't survive in cold climate i don't understand why there banned mabye they will change that just have to keep our fingers crossed i guese

bassman440

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2008
who knows
every thing cool is banned in florida:screwy:

sp33dstix

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
If anybody wants to know, snakeheads might get banned in Ontario Canada.
"Therefore, to protect Ontario's aquatic resources proactively using a precautionary approach, this amendment proposes to prohibit the possession of live specimens of the following species: grass carp, bighead carp, silver carp, black carp, snakehead, round goby and tubenose goby."

http://canadagazette.gc.ca/partI/2005/20050507/html/regle3-e.html

sp33dstix

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
tropheus;2390572; said:
thought they where allready banned in Ontario?

cheers col
I'm not sure, I haven't seen any for a long time. Last I saw any snakeheads was at the pet store I used to work at. We had one, it choked on a guppy and passed away. Thats the last time I ever saw one.

EDIT:
So yea, turns out they are banned in Ontario I just checked on the Ministry of Environment for Ontario and yea...bye bye snakeheads here.

lordofthejewsjr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2008
thats a good question
wow oh well.

abortedsoul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2008
MD, USA
So it IS legal to own snakeheads in MD? I'm just curious, as I might want to get one some day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store